Ideal combi boiler ignition lockout

Found 30th JulEdited by:"hearts22"
Hi,
we've just moved into a flat that has this Ideal combi boiler. Boiler looks quite new by looking at it.

We previously had a normal boiler. I don't have a clue about boilers so bear with me.

We want hot water on. I set the boiler to hot water on, central heating off and it says "ignition lockout, check other gas appliances, contact the installer". There are no other gas appliances. Hob is induction.
I try to restart and it will go to "normal operation, going to standby". What does it mean?
I keep running the hot tap to check if it's heating up the water and water is always cold. Even after hours.
There is a programmer, which I set to manual, as I don't want to program anything. I want the water on all the time since water and gas are included in the rent.
What temperature do I need to set it to?

Please can you help me before I call the agency? Thanks a lot in advance and remember I don't have a clue about how to operate the boiler so if you tell me about the pressure I wouldn't know how to do that.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
"Common Fault 1: Boiler fails to ignite This is a common fault with Ideal Response combi boilers, and you can usually identify it when you hear the boiler sparking and attempting to light three times before going into boiler lockout. An orange light will also display.

The Fix: This is a cylinderical burner with the ignition and flame sensor underneath. The problem occurs when dirt and carbon build up on the ignition and flame sensor probes, and the boiler must be stripped down so these can be cleaned."

superwarm.co.uk/5-c…em/
Can you have a look at the boiler and see if it’s got a manufacturers name and model no. That might help us help you
IamMT1 m ago

"Common Fault 1: Boiler fails to ignite This is a common fault with Ideal …"Common Fault 1: Boiler fails to ignite This is a common fault with Ideal Response combi boilers, and you can usually identify it when you hear the boiler sparking and attempting to light three times before going into boiler lockout. An orange light will also display.The Fix: This is a cylinderical burner with the ignition and flame sensor underneath. The problem occurs when dirt and carbon build up on the ignition and flame sensor probes, and the boiler must be stripped down so these can be cleaned."https://www.superwarm.co.uk/5-common-faults-of-an-ideal-boiler-and-how-to-fix-them/

I had a look at that link already. I don't see any sensors or lights
Toptrumpet1 m ago

Can you have a look at the boiler and see if it’s got a manufacturers name …Can you have a look at the boiler and see if it’s got a manufacturers name and model no. That might help us help you

Ideal is the manufacturer. Says Logic +
Looking at the Manual, it states to do a boiler reset and if no luck to contact the installer.
Probably best to call the agency, sooner rather than later as you’ve just moved in they are more likely to think it was problematic before you moved in rather than something that you’ve caused to happen.
Double check with them the last date it was serviced and when does the CP12 gas safety certificate run out.
Have you checked the gas is on by the gas meater. If its a rental then call the landlord to sort it
Edited by: "devshib" 30th Jul
Ok, seems we have figured it out. There was a lever somewhere near the floor that was on off. I set it to on and now hot water is running.
Thanks for the replies!
hearts222 h, 4 m ago

Ok, seems we have figured it out. There was a lever somewhere near the …Ok, seems we have figured it out. There was a lever somewhere near the floor that was on off. I set it to on and now hot water is running.

Gas tap?
andymagic45 m ago

Gas tap?

I have no idea but likely what you say :S. Told you I'm clueless about these things (:I.
At least I figured it out in the end without calling the agency for nothing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants