Ideal Home

Found 28th Mar
Recently been to the show and was disappointed to say the least. Maybe it’s me but when I went a number of years ago it was far bigger. Granted that it has moved to a smaller venue now that Earls Court is no longer available.

Things I have noticed:

No utility companies present including telecoms and mobile companies except Virgin Media.
No banks to offer mortgages etc.
Number of show homes were almost non existent.
Gardening section was a real disappointment.
No one selling any bedroom furniture apart from beds.
Only one company selling juicers.
Companies selling kitchen utensils and gadgets were almost non existent .
Car wash kits or almost anything to do with cars was not there.
I could go on...,

Anyone else had the same experience?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments
I used to go years ago, missed a few due to 'life' getting in the way, but went to one a couple of years back with the O.H, I have to say we was both disappointed, glad we didn't pay full price for the tickets, not like how I used to remember..
It's like a completely different show to how it was years ago . I think the things I miss most are that there used to be stalls of really different foods to try , now it's a lot of alcohol in the food section at quite high prices . Also I guess I miss the bargains, there used to be show offer prices on lots of things , now the stalls that have show prices tend to be the high price items , eg vitamix always has a free jug and money off, but it still a few hundred pounds. Oh and the free giveaways from the well known stalls , now hardly any of the major companies that used to go are there, so I guess the smaller ones just don't have the budget to give things away.

Ive never paid to go though, so can't complain too much , there are free tickets a available every year, so it's just a cheap day out with whoever fancies going .
They had nationwide there too

What really bugged me was the expensive food/drink and lack of seating aside from places where you had to make a purchase. I had severe neck and back pain from it.

Never heard of any of the companies (aside from the obvious), but one that I was interested in was actually quite popular- iBeani.

Some innovative products but also some “typical” scam ones. Many companies had very little trace online and/or used a different name online.

Everything was just packed all together and you just had to keep moving if you were around the garden area (I was hoping to buy some new better gardening gloves but ended up giving up when I couldn’t get anywhere near the stalls to look).
The place is boring and boring year by year. No point to give a longer break of few years at the time as there is not anything new to see. Liked to watch the houses but seems they been build for the ants now, nothing great to see anymore. The place is smaller than Earl Court but still plenty spaces to build 1 or 2 large decent good looking houses which in my opinion is always been the main attraction of the show. Big names are not there anymore, they understood that there is no point to be there if people are not attracted anymore. Taking advantage of free tickets (just for a day out), free parking and because we are local otherwise it would be dead for us. This year we also went to scrounge the lovely sauces they gave last year in the goody bag but this year they put some completely rubbish almond milk but some good chocolates.
Original Poster
bobo531 h, 45 m ago

The place is boring and boring year by year. No point to give a longer …The place is boring and boring year by year. No point to give a longer break of few years at the time as there is not anything new to see. Liked to watch the houses but seems they been build for the ants now, nothing great to see anymore. The place is smaller than Earl Court but still plenty spaces to build 1 or 2 large decent good looking houses which in my opinion is always been the main attraction of the show. Big names are not there anymore, they understood that there is no point to be there if people are not attracted anymore. Taking advantage of free tickets (just for a day out), free parking and because we are local otherwise it would be dead for us. This year we also went to scrounge the lovely sauces they gave last year in the goody bag but this year they put some completely rubbish almond milk but some good chocolates.

I didn’t get any goodies when I went as they were closed when I got there. Looks like I didn’t miss much.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants