Ideal time to buy an S8?

Found 28th Apr 2017
The S8 is kind of steep in price at the moment, so I wanted everyone's opinions on when you think the best time to buy one is?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskSamsung Galaxy S8
18 Comments
wait for s9 to come out. It should drop to a decent price by then.
wait for the S10 no best wait for the S11
Edited by: "cullies" 28th Apr 2017
just wait for the F12
When the Note8 comes out !The cheapest spotted is 720 Beer Tokens on Amazon UK .
get the s7 - it will function more or less exactly like the s8, just without as much sparkly things
Quarter to 4
never
It was yesterday, you just missed it.
Wait till you hear some explosions and reports of fire ! Will be a real bargain.
I think they'll be at their lowest in May of 2021
I was thinking the same thing but I have made a choice to go for the S7
I got a S7e for 385 Tokens
Wait till Dec mate we will get O2 refresh deals for s8 under £300
Longer you wait the cheaper is gonna be,
The best time to get something is when you can afford it: if you wait till it's cheaper just to save money you'll effectively have an 'out of date' model sooner and want the S9 next.

You pay more money to get newer, desirable things - that's how retail works. You could probably get one really cheap on Gumtree but it might get blocked - again, risk.

My ethos is if you want something, buy it if and when you can afford it and don't spend your life worrying about it dropping in value - just as you don't worry about how much value your fish and chips lost after you ate it and Cr***d it out into the toilet the next day - you bought it to enjoy it not to agonize over the missing money in your wallet.
misterleoni

The best time to get something is when you can afford it: if you wait … The best time to get something is when you can afford it: if you wait till it's cheaper just to save money you'll effectively have an 'out of date' model sooner and want the S9 next. You pay more money to get newer, desirable things - that's how retail works. You could probably get one really cheap on Gumtree but it might get blocked - again, risk.My ethos is if you want something, buy it if and when you can afford it and don't spend your life worrying about it dropping in value - just as you don't worry about how much value your fish and chips lost after you ate it and Cr***d it out into the toilet the next day - you bought it to enjoy it not to agonize over the missing money in your wallet.

Good reply and helpful unlike the Apple fanboy moronic replies
hairyboxxox

Good reply and helpful unlike the Apple fanboy moronic replies

Even if you buy it on the day of release, it's still worth trawling through every retailers offer for a bit of money off, more warranty, or a balloon or something.
termite

Even if you buy it on the day of release, it's still worth trawling … Even if you buy it on the day of release, it's still worth trawling through every retailers offer for a bit of money off, more warranty, or a balloon or something.

​I think that's the best approach: if you can get a few quid off RRP, just bite the bullet, buy it and enjoy it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants