Ideas for 3rd birthday day out in London?

Found 9th Nov 2012
Little one will be 3 in a few weeks - any ideas for days out in London he would enjoy. Am thinking Hamleys but it might be better at Christmas... Cheers guys x
Community Updates
MiscDays OutLondon
15 Comments
Museums?? Science Museum ha quite a good hands-on bit that he might enjoy?
chuckiedoll

Museums?? Science Museum ha quite a good hands-on bit that he might enjoy?

Ooh yeah, forgot about Science Museum - thanks!
London Zoo?

Hamleys will be awful it gets far too crowded at the best of times let alone Christmas and is really overpriced..

Wha tabout lunch at the rainforest cafe?
For a three year old, I think Natural History Museum (next door to Science Museum) will be more suitable...
Hamleys will be packed out by the time Christmas comes, they normally have their Chrimbo stuff up now, and is probably better to walk round the store now than closer to the big day..

For a quick freebie, go into the M&M place at Leicester Square, it used to be the old Swiss centre years ago, and has been converted to the M&M place..(although saying that you may end up spending money on sweets!)..
Didn't think Hamleys would be too overcrowded on a weekday (it's also not in half-term) in mid-November but then again I haven't actually been there before. Did laugh when I looked on their website as they do a 'Official Hamleys Tour' for 2 adults and 2 children (inc 1 Hamleys tour guide, birthday cake and refreshments served in the Hamleys Party Room, and 2 x Hamleys goody bags) for £150!! They better have some expensive toys in those goody bags!

Natural History Musuem is a good one, as is Rainforest Cafe. Thanks guys! (_;)
FTCom

Hamleys will be packed out by the time Christmas comes, they normally … Hamleys will be packed out by the time Christmas comes, they normally have their Chrimbo stuff up now, and is probably better to walk round the store now than closer to the big day..For a quick freebie, go into the M&M place at Leicester Square, it used to be the old Swiss centre years ago, and has been converted to the M&M place..(although saying that you may end up spending money on sweets!)..

Totally forgot about M&M World! Do they give out freebies too?
He's three, he'd probably be happy with a cardboard box & some marker pens.
M&M world is sooooo overpriced its ridiculous.

oh and yes i agree about hamleys, london is heaving around chrostmas, better to stick to museums and maybe a nice kiddy show; like disney on ice or something?
Get a bag of nuts, some bread, head down to St James Park, and feed the squirrels and the ducks/geese/swans
ggmurray

Get a bag of nuts, some bread, head down to St James Park, and feed the … Get a bag of nuts, some bread, head down to St James Park, and feed the squirrels and the ducks/geese/swans

Don't forget the rats
Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park
My youngest was 3 last year end of November and took him there. They had a circus show there we went to. He loved it.
It starts from the 23 November
Edited by: "Kizah" 9th Nov 2012
millwall v west ham
London aquarium was a massive hit for my 3 year old. Agree winter wonderland was amazing last year but the circus not so good if your child has the attention span of a knat like mine!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants