Groups

ideas for 7 year old

Banned
    Last year i got him the world globe thing from argos but it was crap so returned it, also the stars, moons globe thing and that was crap too, so anyone any ideas on something similiar that aint crap, or shall i just go for a big wall chart map (both of these where those things that project onto ceiling)

34 Comments

one of those national geographic things that project the planets and stars onto the ceiling?

Original Poster Banned

barky;6228517

one of those national geographic things that project the planets and … one of those national geographic things that project the planets and stars onto the ceiling?

thats what i got him from argos and it was crap

telescope?

Original Poster Banned

barky;6228551

telescope?

oh now i hadnt thought of that, although im not sure he would have room in his room to keep one as his room is very small, the box room, and his window is not resally accessable, but deffo worth thinking about

barky;6228551

telescope?

+1

or a psp :-D

Original Poster Banned

4lyons09;6228570

+1or a psp :-D

no more gaming stuff, he has a wii, ps2 and a ds lite

Original Poster Banned

nikkib123;6228591

Or microscope - I had one when I was little and I loved it, used to put … Or microscope - I had one when I was little and I loved it, used to put eyelashes, spit, snot, dead flies under to examine ha ha!

eugh that sounds so yuck - lol

Original Poster Banned

nikkib123;6228610

Its great for kids though :-D

errmmm will think on that one - lol

sassie;6228585

no more gaming stuff, he has a wii, ps2 and a ds lite

sounds like my house!!

take a look at this section in argos argos.co.uk/sta…htm

I was going to say that the science museum store have some good things but their site is down just now, so I can't give any examples!!

nikkib123;6228591

Or microscope - I had one when I was little and I loved it, used to put … Or microscope - I had one when I was little and I loved it, used to put eyelashes, spit, snot, dead flies under to examine ha ha!

Now we know where you got your terrors of insects!!

Original Poster Banned

4lyons09;6228628

sounds like my house!!take a look at this section in argos … sounds like my house!!take a look at this section in argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CToys+and+games%7C14417629/c_2/2%7Ccat_14417629%7CCreative+and+discovery+toys%7C14417805/c_3/3%7Ccat_14417805%7CDiscovery+world%7C14417808/p/1/pp/20/s/Price%3A+Low+-+High.htm

these are what i went and got last year and returned them both, they where real naff

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

nikkib123;6228687

Anything on here take your fancy … Anything on here take your fancy Sassie?http://www.brightminds.co.uk/prodpage.asp?type=prod&sub=26&gclid=CPXf_va935wCFWIB4wodF1HbLA

I wouldn't mind them science kits myself :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

nikkib123;6228687

Anything on here take your fancy … Anything on here take your fancy Sassie?http://www.brightminds.co.uk/prodpage.asp?type=prod&sub=26&gclid=CPXf_va935wCFWIB4wodF1HbLA

nope not really, wanted to get him something about the world, maybe a big map above his bed will do till i spot something better than the cheap crap in argos

Original Poster Banned

nothing insecty please

Original Poster Banned

4lyons09;6228729

pricey!!http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-40002-Explorer-Globe/dp/B00005BYPA

good reviews on that, will go haave a read up, thanks :thumbsup:

If you're looking for an astronomy theme try this:
    hamleys.com/Sol…tml

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;6228814

Planet Earth DVD, if he would be interested enough to keep watching it.

dont think he would be interested in something like that, his attention span isnt great, hence why he can watch a dvd a thousand times, although maybe it would be a good idea then

Original Poster Banned

bargainaholic;6228767

If you're looking for an astronomy theme try … If you're looking for an astronomy theme try this:http://www.hamleys.com/Solar_System_+_Hamleys_Toys/663435,default,pd.html

that looks a bit boring to me- lol

will bokmark all stuff and maybe flick through the stuff when hes next to me and see if he shows anty interest in any

would agree with the microscope sassie, My boys had one when they were about that age and kept them busy for hours! Trust me, if it was creepy crawlies they wanted to look at they had to take it outside but they were amazed at how things looked so different under a microscope!

can recommend Moon in my room my daughter who is 7 has this and absolutly loves it

Original Poster Banned

louloublue;6229036

can recommend Moon in my room my daughter who is 7 has this and absolutly … can recommend Moon in my room my daughter who is 7 has this and absolutly loves it

i got it last year and returned it as i thought it was real crap :oops:

maybe it is because my sons room is so small, i dont know but it was cack

Original Poster Banned

sorry have run out of rep. but all suggestions have been marked, thank you all x

sassie;6228526

thats what i got him from argos and it was crap

what was wrong with it?

Original Poster Banned

fairy;6229584

what was wrong with it?

it hardly even lit up, it was worse than a torch and did less than one - lol

A friend got a proper projector, projected the star map on the ceiling of the kids bedroom and then dotted all the constellations(sp) with glow in the dark paint so that when the light was turned off the stars glowed.

Original Poster Banned

thanks greg i think the main problem with these projectors is my son has a high bunk and a very tiny room, enough for his bed and chest of drawer which has his tell and ps2 on, so his bed is two high to ceiling and no room any where lower, and floor level is no good

sassie;6229060

i got it last year and returned it as i thought it was real crap … i got it last year and returned it as i thought it was real crap :oops:maybe it is because my sons room is so small, i dont know but it was cack

Is the word 'crap' your favourite word lol!

Original Poster Banned

chunky;6229885

Is the word 'crap' your favourite word lol!

no my favourite word doesnt appear as the swear filter catches it

sassie;6229835

thanks greg i think the main problem with these projectors is my son has … thanks greg i think the main problem with these projectors is my son has a high bunk and a very tiny room, enough for his bed and chest of drawer which has his tell and ps2 on, so his bed is two high to ceiling and no room any where lower, and floor level is no good

I think you misunderstood, you empty his room, then project and paint and then remove the projector. It's not a permanet projector, only the paint is permanent.

Original Poster Banned

greg_68;6229924

I think you misunderstood, you empty his room, then project and paint … I think you misunderstood, you empty his room, then project and paint and then remove the projector. It's not a permanet projector, only the paint is permanent.

pmsl i dont think so, if you have ever seen my painting you wouldnt even suggest that, and only way to get his bed out would be to completely dismantle and i already broke it a little when it was moved room :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions