Groups

Ideas for a 21st birthday pressie

Hi all, does anyone have any good ideas for my nephews 21st birthday pressie.

We want to get him something to keep but are struggling to think of anything really.

Only ideas so far are jewellery, watch etc but I think all of this sort of stuff is a very personal choice and the chances of getting it right are slim.

Budget is around £30.

Cheers.

17 Comments

Banned

engraved tankard

Tattoo

My son is 21 soon!

Last christmas what he most wanted was clothes, the usual xbox/ps3 games and smelly stuff ( he likes expensive aftershave, eau de toilette etc ).

He and his friends generally buy each other alcohol so I guess that's an option too if you support it. ( can't bring myself to give my baby alcohol even if he is a man lol )

Any of these things might do. Or perhaps a gift voucher for his favourite clothing store such as Next etc?

Hope this helps x x

Indoor skydiving....Google it.x

Original Poster

sassie;5413438

engraved tankard

would a 21 yo really want one of these? isn't that for your dad?

tonyg1962;5413444

Tattoo

Mom wouldn't be happy.

ClarityofMind;5413478

My son is 21 soon! Last christmas what he most wanted was clothes, the … My son is 21 soon! Last christmas what he most wanted was clothes, the usual xbox/ps3 games and smelly stuff ( he likes expensive aftershave, eau de toilette etc ).He and his friends generally buy each other alcohol so I guess that's an option too if you support it. ( can't bring myself to give my baby alcohol even if he is a man lol )Any of these things might do. Or perhaps a gift voucher for his favourite clothing store such as Next etc?Hope this helps x x

I really wanted something he could keep 'forever'

p.s ask him what he would have said had you got him an engraved tankard.

Banned

i doubt any 21 year old lad wants a keepsake, but thought thats what you wanted to buy

hipflask? cuff links?

Banned

tie pin?

If you think of something a man that age wants to keep forever and it doesnt have two legs and long blonde hair let me know because I could do with the tip too lol

My only other suggestion would have been driving lessons but you wouldn't get but one for 30 quid :P

What are the parents getting him? Would they appreciate an extra 30 bucks towards something like that?

Jewellery is really the only thing that gets kept for a long time that I can think of, sorry x x

mine asked for money and then booked a holiday he said memories are forever and he really wanted to go away with friends they had the best time and lots of photos
    sorry he had asked for money from friends and family to be able to afford the hol

Original Poster

Seems like a keepsake is a no go then!

ttwcd;5413590

mine asked for money and then booked a holiday he said memories are … mine asked for money and then booked a holiday he said memories are forever and he really wanted to go away with friends they had the best time and lots of photossorry he had asked for money from friends and family to be able to afford the hol

Yes, mine went to Ibiza with his friends for his 18th. God knows how they all survived that week, they were probably drunk the entire time. He did drop his mobile in a swimming pool :giggle:

How about a gold chain? It doesn't have to be over the top "bling" - Something kind'a "classy" maybe?

Banned

how about a solid silver key ring sort fo thing, dont even know if they sell them - lol

Mont Blanc pen

Banned

fragrance?, currently loads on good offers as well

Personally id go with the jewellry, and get something with his birth stone, or star sign on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767197
      2. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!55
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047093
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie11

See more discussions