Ideas for sisters 40th birthday present

Found 3rd Jul 2011
It's my sisters 40th next week and I have no idea what to get her. She isn't interested in music, pampering or things for the house. Not a lover of chocolate or alcohol. Thought about a night away but she wouldn't be bothered by that either. Help please!!! Looking at spending around £40 but my mom is stuck too so all ideas are appreciated

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

Why not go shares with other family members and get her a pandora bracelet with a couple of charms on, thats what i was given and i love it,

If she doesn't like "thongs for the house" what about thongs for the beach?

Thongs for the house?

Banned

what is she interested in?

a watch, a day at the zoo/park/seaside

Original Poster

That's what happens when you use your phone to submit a thread!

She likes beer, cigarettes and horses.

I will have a look on the pandora site. Thanks, although she isn't a jewelery person she might like this

How about 40 Photos of her (or her loved ones), all different sizes, frames etc.
She could make a wall of 40 different memories

She likes beer, cigarettes and horses

There's your answer then - get her a 60-a-day drunk racehorse

OP, No offence but your sis sounds like a right miserable git.

You know beer is alcohol right? lol

Some perfume

if she is not a jewellery person then don't buy her a jewellery that she will just wear for one day. A watch is better. Is she riding horses? If she is then you might buy her some riding gadget?

check out her favourite brewery website - see what they have to offer in ways of trips, merchandise etc.

Tickets to that thing she loves, NOW THERE DIAMONDS im on a horse!!

a day at the races, she can drink beer smoke fags bet on a few horses and maybe even win!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help. And yes she is a miserable git some of the time, I just wish she had a few more interests to make it a little easier to buy stuff for her!!

http://www.inthepaper.co.uk/

do one of these and frame it, i think they are great!!! ive had a few for family memebers! they all loved them, they are the full size of a newspaper, u can even edit the day/date etc, and pick which paper u want, i usually go for the sun as everyone knows the sun, write a nice personal article of ur own about ur sister might be worth u having a look,

AATS

http://www.inthepaper.co.uk/do one of these and frame it, i think they … http://www.inthepaper.co.uk/do one of these and frame it, i think they are great!!! ive had a few for family memebers! they all loved them, they are the full size of a newspaper, u can even edit the day/date etc, and pick which paper u want, i usually go for the sun as everyone knows the sun, write a nice personal article of ur own about ur sister might be worth u having a look,

that's really fun! And free????

nooooo its not free, but not that expensive considering it is something you will have for a while if it is framed and hung, there is a list of prices on the site

MmMd

that's really fun! And free????

Mod & Ed

digital photo frame with pics on it from memorable family events ( jessops helped me transfer prints to digital so could do similar for my brothers 50th )

a day at the races is a good idea or how about you all go horse riding for a couple of hours? other than that have a party? or the family go away for a weekend?

I hope you will tell us what you did after all that, I'm curious
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions