Groups

ideas for weight loss

ok ive been dieting since jan, ive now lost 24lb which is fab, only 4lb off my target weight, which im going to lower as i know i can lose more, however its got a bit stubborn, i do know it gets harder to lose so im after ideas to get the ball rolling again please!! im off on holiday in 12 days and really wanted to meet my original target before then, then lower it in my return to hopefully lose another stone by 28th june (race for life)

I'm already doing the gym as often as i can with work (which has been quite physical lately) and the kids, im sticking to the diet and cant see how i can cut down anymore,already using skimmed milk etc, even missed my night out so no alcohol intake, so im stumped! help!

thank you

20 Comments

Try not eating after 5 in the evening:)

Original Poster

Train Driver;5251429

ok, i will start that tomorrow thank you hunni x

Banned

Train Driver;5251429

That's a good way to slow your metabolism for about 16 hours.

Train Driver;5251429

I thought little and often was best?

i do slimming world and tend to eat speed foods to shift any indulgancies,

not sure how youve done it but basically i have a weetabix and grapefruit for brekkie, kiwis and all types of berries as snacks thru-out the day and then beans salad, im lazy and have bought them in from m&s and all i eat then are speed foods.
    i tend to eat lots of bread on saturdays and then do this the rest of the weekend until weighin on tuesday nights

bellabonkers;5251468

It worked for me:)

my biggest thing i ditched was the white bread!
    i lost 3 stone by myself just cutting out stupid things like the bread and halfing my sugar in coffee little things like that , i do try to have my 5 a day, and i dont not allow myself anything , i will have it now but in moderation.
    the hardest thing for me at the min is keeping it off!!!!

Banned

bellabonkers;5251468

It is - eat every 2-3 hours. Keeps your metabolism ticking over.

Original Poster

im open to try anything within reason!!

i read somewhere simple changes to routine can get it moving again, anyone know if this is true?

i do eat alot, as in often, i found i have to to keep with the gym etc or i get tired or grumpy, which i dont want to do obv, im trying top do it properly

i eat alot of berries, fresh fruit and lettuce daily (feel like a rabbit) :lol:

Eat celery in between meals, kicks your metabolism off again and burns off more calories eating it than are in it

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;5251733

Eat celery in between meals, kicks your metabolism off again and burns … Eat celery in between meals, kicks your metabolism off again and burns off more calories eating it than are in it

thank you - will stock up tomorrow :-D

any more tips guys?

My trainers at the gym advised me to eat every 2-3 hours to speed up your metabolism and eat small amounts, so your body can digest it as quickly as possible.

Try going for short runs to set you up for the Race for Life and eating low fat food with no carbs in the evenings.

You're doing very well Lou, make sure you keep it up after the events too. :thumbsup:

Banned

get your gob taped shut:w00t:

loupomm;5251545

im open to try anything within reason!! i read somewhere simple changes … im open to try anything within reason!! i read somewhere simple changes to routine can get it moving again, anyone know if this is true?i do eat alot, as in often, i found i have to to keep with the gym etc or i get tired or grumpy, which i dont want to do obv, im trying top do it properly i eat alot of berries, fresh fruit and lettuce daily (feel like a rabbit) :lol:

avoid lettuce and try baby spinach leaves, also start eating more spicy food, this will speed up your metabolism

are you doing the hot water with lemon in the morning ?

avoid sugars, wheat and dairy products and the weight will drop off faster too

Oh and there's the 2 week challenge if you become desperate, which is eating cereal for 2 meals a day...that's supposed to shed a dress size within the 2 weeks but I've never tried it personally...and I've never tried a dress either.

Original Poster

realfriendlyman;5252239

My trainers at the gym advised me to eat every 2-3 hours to speed up your … My trainers at the gym advised me to eat every 2-3 hours to speed up your metabolism and eat small amounts, so your body can digest it as quickly as possible.Try going for short runs to set you up for the Race for Life and eating low fat food with no carbs in the evenings. :)You're doing very well Lou, make sure you keep it up after the events too. :thumbsup:

thank you

dog_cop;5252244

get your gob taped shut:w00t:

nah, others would enjoy it too much

choc1969;5252297

avoid lettuce and try baby spinach leaves, also start eating more spicy … avoid lettuce and try baby spinach leaves, also start eating more spicy food, this will speed up your metabolismare you doing the hot water with lemon in the morning ?avoid sugars, wheat and dairy products and the weight will drop off faster too

ooohh thank you, on my list with the celery and nothing after 5, no dairy at all?

Original Poster

watching paul mc kenna on living, worth a try! :giggle:

loupomm;5252352

thank you nah, others would enjoy it too much ooohh thank you, on my list … thank you nah, others would enjoy it too much ooohh thank you, on my list with the celery and nothing after 5, no dairy at all?

none, replacements are fine, like rice milk, olive oil spread etc

Original Poster

choc1969;5252418

none, replacements are fine, like rice milk, olive oil spread etc

thank you - i'll have a nosey round sainsburys tomorrow, is rice milk ok for tea?

loupomm;5252653

thank you - i'll have a nosey round sainsburys tomorrow, is rice milk ok … thank you - i'll have a nosey round sainsburys tomorrow, is rice milk ok for tea?

yes, but maybe stick to warm water and herbal teas if you can, black tea isn't all that good for you neither is caffeine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat76735
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1826
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions