Ideas... How do I fit a curtain pole here?

Posted 2nd Jan
3379849.jpg3379849.jpg
Please see photos... Unfortunately should have tried to do something prior to getting fitted wardrobes possible fix pole to ceiling but I'm struggling with space now!

Any ideas most welcome.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Use a tension rod inside the window recess, and tab-top or ring-top curtains.
Does it have to be a curtain pole? You might be better off fitting a Roman blind.
Fix fitting clips to wall and then the blind clips onto them. Just make sure you order one 20cm wider then the aperture of the window (so no light escapes down the side) and with the pulley cord on the right.

39568338-IDZ2Y.jpg
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 2nd Jan
16 Comments
Use a tension rod inside the window recess, and tab-top or ring-top curtains.
Can you fit a curtain rod along this space (where the red line is)?

39567929.jpg
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 2nd Jan
Nobody is really going to see the pole when fitted behind the fitted wardrobe - so functionality is more important than aesthetics. I reckon you would be able to fit a standard pole by mounting the pole holders/brackets as best you can - maybe something like nomorenails can be used on the bracket behind the wardrobe - or as near as behind as you can reach. Once all the brackets are in place hopefully you have enough room to slide the pole into position and then hang the curtains. You may need to cut the pole so as to hide the cut behind the bracket so it looks like a continuous length,

OR

Knock down wardrobes and start again!
Does it have to be a curtain pole? You might be better off fitting a Roman blind.
Fix fitting clips to wall and then the blind clips onto them. Just make sure you order one 20cm wider then the aperture of the window (so no light escapes down the side) and with the pulley cord on the right.

39568338-IDZ2Y.jpg
Haircut_10002/01/2020 13:50

Can you fit a curtain rod along this space (where the red line is)?[Image]

Getting a screwdriver in between the wardrobe and wall is difficult....
tardytortoise02/01/2020 14:21

Nobody is really going to see the pole when fitted behind the fitted …Nobody is really going to see the pole when fitted behind the fitted wardrobe - so functionality is more important than aesthetics. I reckon you would be able to fit a standard pole by mounting the pole holders/brackets as best you can - maybe something like nomorenails can be used on the bracket behind the wardrobe - or as near as behind as you can reach. Once all the brackets are in place hopefully you have enough room to slide the pole into position and then hang the curtains. You may need to cut the pole so as to hide the cut behind the bracket so it looks like a continuous length,ORKnock down wardrobes and start again!

There was a pole in place prior to wardrobes but unfortunately the brackets protrude too much that the pole ends of almost touching the wardrobe cornice!....

What about fitting the pole to the ceiling? I'm trying to stay away from tracks as it limits your choice of curtains as most curtains now come with eyelets.

Roman blinds might be a good idea provided I'm able to fix them and they 'thick' enough to provide insulation and block the light at the same time!
mchu6am402/01/2020 14:53

Getting a screwdriver in between the wardrobe and wall is difficult....

That’s why I thought a Roman blind might be better. The fixing clips can be placed above the window or to the left/ right and then slide the blind along behind the wardrobes (If you get what I mean).39568656-LB51B.jpg
If you buy lined ones then they are blackout and should prevent heat loss.
The "tension rod" mentioned earlier is more commonly known as a shower rod
An example here dunelm.com/pro…659
Ring top curtains should work well
Fit this as close to wardrobe as possible and allow pole to overhang bracket behind wardrobe
mchu6am402/01/2020 15:00

There was a pole in place prior to wardrobes but unfortunately the …There was a pole in place prior to wardrobes but unfortunately the brackets protrude too much that the pole ends of almost touching the wardrobe cornice!....What about fitting the pole to the ceiling? I'm trying to stay away from tracks as it limits your choice of curtains as most curtains now come with eyelets.Roman blinds might be a good idea provided I'm able to fix them and they 'thick' enough to provide insulation and block the light at the same time!

I'd be tempted therefore to position the bracket just before the cornice. The pole could ba made to fit that arrangement?
Standard rail will fit. Pole won't. Could get a pole in and use drapes. Might need to fiddle with pole mounts though.
Not curtains though
Edited by: "wayners" 2nd Jan
Just set up inside the window frame and the curtain can be adjusted on the hooks to sit higher to stop light spill?
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 2nd Jan
+1 for Roman blind.

You can inset it within the window frame and it also won’t be bulky and interfere with the wardrobe door
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 2nd Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions