Ideas on Grandparents 60th Wedding Anniversary present?

8 replies
Found 8th Mar 2011
I have been looking over and over the net for something nice but in a price bracket of upto £50. I can't spend much more as i have to spend £60 petrol at least just to go and visit them.

They are old and at the age where they actually need anything now. So just looknig for a lovely keepsake really, but not tacky.

I was looking at the binded books with the paper of their wedding day years ago.
Or engraved glasses.
But does anyone else have any ideas?

1. Misc
  2. Wedding
8 Comments

how about a photo frame of all the grandchildren, mum had one and it was silver with black carving from your grandchildren she absolutely loves it and shows it to everyone or a pure aire , these are amazing and the health benefits are great, buy the sandalwood oil to put in it is is the most populat

Original Poster

octobergirl

how about a photo frame of all the grandchildren, mum had one and it was … how about a photo frame of all the grandchildren, mum had one and it was silver with black carving from your grandchildren she absolutely loves it and shows it to everyone or a pure aire , these are amazing and the health benefits are great, buy the sandalwood oil to put in it is is the most populat

Good idea about the picture frame engraved.
I have never heard of a Pure Aire before, I will have a google

I am ordering a personalised Candle off my kids for them, Its what my 7 yr old picked lol Its so hard to know what to get without it being tacky isnt it.

For my mum and dads ruby wedding I found a clemetis called "ruby wedding" and they love their garden so was apt. Yep know what you mean, sometimes they get stuff that just ends up in a cupboard.

I had an old photo from their wedding restored , coloured and printed on canvas. My Mum cried when she saw it...

Original Poster

mosskeeto

I had an old photo from their wedding restored , coloured and printed on … I had an old photo from their wedding restored , coloured and printed on canvas. My Mum cried when she saw it...

Ooh good idea, I am now hoping my Mum owns at least 1 nice picture of my grandparents that I can have a look into doing that. I think it will be my best bet as I know they love their photos on the wall.

beth3735

Ooh good idea, I am now hoping my Mum owns at least 1 nice picture of my … Ooh good idea, I am now hoping my Mum owns at least 1 nice picture of my grandparents that I can have a look into doing that. I think it will be my best bet as I know they love their photos on the wall.

That sounds lovely idea

You do know you can get a telegram from the Queen for a diamond wedding anniversary don't you? You will need the original wedding certificate, we did it for my husbands grandparents and they were chuffed to bits.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    2. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    3. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    4. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22

See more discussions