Groups

Idea's on how to get Curry's to give me Web Price Instore

I was burgled and have been given a Curry's card loaded with the cost of replacing 2 tv's. The TV's I want to purchase are £50 cheaper on line (I would also have been able to use a discount code too if I was buying on line). Anyway, I called Curry's and I can't use the card to purchase on line on instore. What are the chances of getting them to price match the web price - has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks in advance

24 Comments

dont they do a reserve online and collect in store

Original Poster

linw;4673712

dont they do a reserve online and collect in store

Yes, but not available for TV's or at least that TV!

could you get pc world to price match and use the voucher in there?

Original Poster

Robcampo;4673790

could you get pc world to price match and use the voucher in there?

I can use the card at either Curry's or PC World but they have the same deal online and I can't reserve and collect either. I am going to go in tomorrow and ask them give me the web price but I don't hold out much hope tbh.

if you ring up pcworld cs im sure they will price match then give you a ref number or summut to take in.... i knw it all changed for there price match... but would be worth a go

Currys pricematch there website, just ask and they will look on the instore system and match the price, dont mention you are using vouchers until you pay , its that simple.

deanos;4673953

Currys pricematch there website, just ask and they will look on the … Currys pricematch there website, just ask and they will look on the instore system and match the price, dont mention you are using vouchers until you pay , its that simple.

Yes, I would have thought so too. Good advice - don't mention vouchers in advance!

thats ******** becuase they know you've got the card they've got you over a barrell.

firstly try reserving the tv at a different store, if you cant then just go into any store ask dont look to overly eager, browse the tvs you want and look vaugly interested in the one you wanted, ask if theres any difference in the web price or see if they have that tv in comet (within 10 miles) and get them to match that.

i'm bored, give me your location and tv model no. I'll do the rest for you

go in and ask them to log in on their pc and to purchase them online using your card voucher.as you cant do this at home.or dont tell them you have a voucher code and see if they will do the online price match as they are not sure then wether you will take your business elsewhere where the price is cheaper and make sure you tell them that you are looking for 2 tvs not one in this climate they may see you right.anythings worth ago

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4673970

thats ******** becuase they know you've got the card they've got you over … thats ******** becuase they know you've got the card they've got you over a barrell.firstly try reserving the tv at a different store, if you cant then just go into any store ask dont look to overly eager, browse the tvs you want and look vaugly interested in the one you wanted, ask if theres any difference in the web price or see if they have that tv in comet (within 10 miles) and get them to match that.i'm bored, give me your location and tv model no. I'll do the rest for you

Thanks MinstrelMan

It's the Panasonic TX-32lzd80 Instore price £599.99 web price £549.00

The bummer is we had bought a TV on a Sunday in Feb from Curry's as a result of an insurance claim (Wii remote through tv screen on Christmas day ) and it was stolen on the following Thursday along with another TV. I have to say the insurance company have been great - paid out again stright away but I wish they had given us the cash instead of these insurance cards.

Original Poster

linw;4673972

go in and ask them to log in on their pc and to purchase them online … go in and ask them to log in on their pc and to purchase them online using your card voucher.as you cant do this at home.or dont tell them you have a voucher code and see if they will do the online price match as they are not sure then wether you will take your business elsewhere where the price is cheaper and make sure you tell them that you are looking for 2 tvs not one in this climate they may see you right.anythings worth ago

Good point re the vouchers - my mouth does tend to run away with me sometimes so will keep that info unitl payment.

Blimey some over complicated answers here, just go into the store and ask them to match the webprice, maybe easier to take a printout, it really is that simple, why are people making it so complicated LOL !

Banned

I had the same card from my insurace company for currys/pc world and had a bit left so wanted to buy a digital camera. Currys wouldnt let me reserve it and pay with my insurance card instore and the same camera was in the shop for nearly 150quid more
    I may have just got some akward sales assistant though - good luck

run in there with nothing on but a rain-coat, and threaten to cause a huge scene if they dont drop the price, try to catch a student if you can because they will agree the fastest

Original Poster

Smeagol run in there with nothing on but a rain-coat, and threaten to cause a huge scene if they dont drop the price, try to catch a student if you can because they will agree the fastest

where abouts are you mpesm?

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4674842

where abouts are you mpesm?

East London/Essex

Original Poster

***Update***

Curry's and PC World refused to price match their web prices. Will wait and see if they come down in price in store.

Thanks for all your help.

Banned

The manager at my local currys will match the website. End of story.

vibeone;4681646

The manager at my local currys will match the website. End of story.

Same here ive had no problems

location please, first part of postcode would be great

got it down to £998 for two tv's including FREE home Del - (This offer ends today!) AND we still have the problem of the card payment. TBH i would contact them (Maybe Head Office) explain your situation and see what they say?

Original Poster

deanos;4683319

Same here ive had no problems

Really, what location? I am East London/Essex border

Original Poster

Disco;4690431

location please, first part of postcode would be greatgot it down to £998 … location please, first part of postcode would be greatgot it down to £998 for two tv's including FREE home Del - (This offer ends today!) AND we still have the problem of the card payment. TBH i would contact them (Maybe Head Office) explain your situation and see what they say?

E18

Banned

Disco;4690431

location please, first part of postcode would be greatgot it down to £998 … location please, first part of postcode would be greatgot it down to £998 for two tv's including FREE home Del - (This offer ends today!) AND we still have the problem of the card payment. TBH i would contact them (Maybe Head Office) explain your situation and see what they say?

worksop branch
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions