Groups

Ideas on what to make for tea? - What is everyone eles having? x

go on gimma ideas please? x

53 Comments

Banned

lincolnshire sausages and mustard mash with peas, carrots and red onion gravy

Original Poster

csiman

lincolnshire sausages and mustard mash with peas, carrots and red onion … lincolnshire sausages and mustard mash with peas, carrots and red onion gravy

thats sounds lovely mmmm i could make that ....

need more ideas x

Mum's made Lamb Curry & Rice

Banned

Sausages with Mustard Mash and Red Onion Gravy
    Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins
    Serves: 4
    Buy any good-quality or speciality sausages for this quick and easy, gastro-pub favourite. Wholegrain mustard gives piquancy to the creamy mash, and red wine makes a robust onion gravy. Serve with seasonal green vegetables. Delicious!
    Ingredients

1 tbsp olive oil

1 red onion, thinly sliced

2 tsp soft brown sugar

900g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks

8 good-quality sausages

1 tbsp plain flour

300ml hot beef stock, made with a stock cube

100ml red wine

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

100ml milk, warmed

50g butter

2-3 tsp wholegrain mustard
    Preparation method
    1. Caramelise the onion: Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and sprinkle with the sugar, then cook gently, stirring from time to time, for 12-15 minutes or until the onion is lightly caramelised. Preheat the grill.
    2. Cook the potatoes and sausages: While the onion is cooking, boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 15 minutes or until tender, and grill the sausages, turning regularly, for about 15 minutes or until evenly browned.
    3. Make the gravy: Sprinkle the flour over the caramelised onion, stir and cook for 1 minute, then gradually stir in the stock, wine and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer gently.
    4. Mash the potatoes: Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. Mash with the warm milk, butter and mustard to taste.
    5. Serve: Spoon a mound of mashed potato on to each plate, lay a couple of sausages on top and spoon over the gravy.
    …cooking tip
    If you need to keep mashed potatoes hot for a few minutes, cover the pan with a clean tea towel instead of a lid – the potatoes will stay light and fluffy.

Chicken Fried Rice with Egg and Peas, yummy

ice cream

Just made tuna and paste bake with brocolli and cheese.

Original Poster

lol the ice cream one sounds good

Original Poster

Adam2050

Just made tuna and paste bake with brocolli and cheese.

mmmmm..

Miss Money Penny

Mum's made Lamb Curry & Rice

can i come round for dinner

Original Poster

KazzyD

Chicken Fried Rice with Egg and Peas, yummy

i was gonna make something like that but weve run outta chicken i might nip co-op! x

i suggest pan fried venison with a potatoe and parsnip mash with a red wine/vinegar jus.

Original Poster

Rupz

i suggest pan fried venison with a potatoe and parsnip mash with a red … i suggest pan fried venison with a potatoe and parsnip mash with a red wine/vinegar jus.

no red wine and dont like vinegar! x

Original Poster

oh did i mention im not the best cook in the world.... well...

Original Poster

lol sod it i might just order chinese! x

fish n chips

xbecky07x

now your talking.....

prawns in a black bean sauce..... with egg fried rice or singapore friend rice

xbecky07x

FTW!

Original Poster

Rupz

now your talking.....prawns in a black bean sauce..... with egg fried … now your talking.....prawns in a black bean sauce..... with egg fried rice or singapore friend rice

only ever had chicken in black been sauce i like chop suey! x

xbecky07x

no red wine and dont like vinegar! x

Oh you're ok on the venison side then?!

I suggest pasta and sauce... make your own sauce chopped tomatoes (from tin) bit of chopped onion, garlic, tomato puree, can add anchovies and black olives, dash of olive oil, done.

oh and some basil if you like on top
    Edited by: "Xiwt" 23rd Mar 2011

Original Poster

Xiwt

Oh you're ok on the venison side then?! I suggest pasta and sauce... make … Oh you're ok on the venison side then?! I suggest pasta and sauce... make your own sauce chopped tomatoes (from tin) bit of chopped onion, garlic, tomato puree, can add anchovies and black olives, dash of olive oil, done.

dont have garlic or tomato puree or anchovies or black ovlies haha!

xbecky07x

only ever had chicken in black been sauce i like chop suey! x

Try ther prawns... in fact king prawns....as tony says there grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

xbecky07x

dont have garlic or tomato puree or anchovies or black ovlies haha!

suggest a trip to tescos lol

Original Poster

Rupz

suggest a trip to tescos lol

lol im looking after my dad while my mum n bro decorates my room cant leave him *hes on a breathing machine*

might just sod it and get chinese its 3 dishes for a tenner tonight haha! that shud feed 4 of us! x

beans on toast?

Rupz

can i come round for dinner

Sure.. There's plenty. Indian mummies always make way too much food

Original Poster

plumberman01

beans on toast?

ooo could make that but chinese seems more apealing at the min =] x

We're having silverside (been in the slow cooker since 8am this morning) with roast spuds, broccoli, carrots, gravy and yorkie puds.

Just had broccoli and cauliflower cheesy bake with crusty bread and butter was well nice and now im stuffed

xbecky07x

ooo could make that but chinese seems more apealing at the min =] x

yeh to me too but its also more £ lol

xbecky07x

lol im looking after my dad while my mum n bro decorates my room cant … lol im looking after my dad while my mum n bro decorates my room cant leave him *hes on a breathing machine*might just sod it and get chinese its 3 dishes for a tenner tonight haha! that shud feed 4 of us! x

I hate you (only kidding), meant it as a joke and now made me feel bad for it... sorry didnt realise.

Chinese is a good idea and at those prices its awesome. i usualy spend £35 for 3 of us when friends come down.
    Edited by: "Rupz" 23rd Mar 2011

ilovepink

Just had broccoli and cauliflower cheesy bake with crusty bread and … Just had broccoli and cauliflower cheesy bake with crusty bread and butter was well nice and now im stuffed

the bread and butter bit.... please explain... what do you do with it... does it go into the bake or is it a stand alone dish?

Steak and chips with portobello mushrooms and pepper sauce.a rare treat!!

Rupz

the bread and butter bit.... please explain... what do you do with it... … the bread and butter bit.... please explain... what do you do with it... does it go into the bake or is it a stand alone dish?

oO in the dish no, no, no

we have it on the side

ilovepink

oO in the dish no, no, nowe have it on the side

lol... thats what i needed to know... thanks.....thought it was a new thing and wanted to explore my cooking skills...... tomorrow im going to post a thread for best food dishes... might be good to know :)......... anyone who posts it before me will be reported

Mince, tatties & dumplings with carrots, brocolli and sweetcorn.

I'm hungry!!

+ 1 for Beans on Toast!

spicy pasta and garlic doughballs

Original Poster

Rupz

I hate you (only kidding), meant it as a joke and now made me feel bad … I hate you (only kidding), meant it as a joke and now made me feel bad for it... sorry didnt realise.Chinese is a good idea and at those prices its awesome. i usualy spend £35 for 3 of us when friends come down.

lol its fine dont worry ! x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions