Groups

Ideas to make a quick bit of money?

Banned
    Have one week of Uni left, and I currently have £5 to my name (including rinsing my overdraft to the full extent of £1400). Anyone got any ideas as to making a bit of money, so I can go out and enjoy the last week of Uni with my friends? Tried flogging a few items of clothing, but nothing seems to come of it.

Obviously I'll be getting a job in a week or so, but at the moment I just want to finish the year on a high! I've just finished exams for gods sakes! Lol.

Rep to all helpers!

Thanks.

19 Comments

Stand on the corne of the street

as above, offer to clean cars, get a loan ....... borrow off the parents

Original Poster Banned

J4GG4;5375600

Stand on the corne of the street

Come on, I'm not that desperate!

Original Poster Banned

faevilangel;5375611

as above, offer to clean cars, get a loan ....... borrow off the parents

Get a loan? With the typical apr's at the moment?!? Also borrowing off the parents is a no go, as I don't really want them knowing I'm £1400 overdrawn.

Gambling.

Gamble.

Use the £5 to buy some shoe polish, and cloth.

Apparently those guys in the apprentice were minting!

Open up a stand on oxford street! (check the laws on that first lol).

Brokers want their shoes cleaned within 2-5 mins

Edit: oxford street? More like liverpool street. where all the big investment banks are!

sell drugs :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

The JFK;5375656

Gambling.

I've just lost £1400+ from gambling, so that's a no go!

davidhurn;5375682

I've just lost £1400+ from gambling, so that's a no go!

You can always win it back.

Original Poster Banned

The JFK;5375686

You can always win it back.

I know, but I need the outlay to do so. Just deposited £10 on my mates betting account, then walked away with £30. Not bad, but still not a miracle!

Call me old fashioned but if I was at least £1400 in debt due to gambling I certainly wouldn't be worried about how i'm going to pay for my next night out down the pub.

You need to cut your problems at the bud, use any money you do earn to start paying off your overdraft rather than on beer.

You say you're going to get a job in a week but there's no guarantee you will, it's a recession and unemployment levels are at a high.

Original Poster Banned

RedIron;5375692

Call me old fashioned but if I was at least £1400 in debt due to gambling … Call me old fashioned but if I was at least £1400 in debt due to gambling I certainly wouldn't be worried about how i'm going to pay for my next night out down the pub.You need to cut your problems at the bud, use any money you do earn to start paying off your overdraft rather than on beer.You say you're going to get a job in a week but there's no guarantee you will, it's a recession and unemployment levels are at a high.

My Mum will always give me a job at her firm of solicitors. However, I don't want to do this and want to find something a bit different and less reliant. I've got all summer to work, and with only a week left I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

Put your sister up for rent?

Original Poster Banned

J4GG4;5375707

Put your sister up for rent?

If I had a sister...

lol seriously.. you in debt £1400 thro gambling? I gamble but theres a limit i gamble which is £30 a time and 5 times a year maximum and overall im up and not down. I bet theres a gambling place open right next to your uni aspecially for you poor students ready to blow your student loan.

You don't work yet you can lose £1400 gambling??? Haha, at least we know where student loans go these days, enjoy paying it back for the next however many years...... And that's only once you've paid off your overdraft.

If I was you I'd ask your parents and just tell then you don't have an overdraft any more because you didn't want to get overdrawn (cough).

Banned

medical science become a guinea pig they pay a couple of grand to test things on you
    remember elephant man a while ago

Original Poster Banned

J4GG4;5375719

lol seriously.. you in debt £1400 thro gambling? I gamble but theres a … lol seriously.. you in debt £1400 thro gambling? I gamble but theres a limit i gamble which is £30 a time and 5 times a year maximum and overall im up and not down. I bet theres a gambling place open right next to your uni aspecially for you poor students ready to blow your student loan.

Not really. There is of course online gambling, which has been a bit of a problem.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions