Groups

Identification proof help (Conveyancing)

I have sold my house recently and my solicitor sent me a letter requesting 2 parts of identification. The trouble is the first part is I have no driving licence or passport and I am starting to worry! as I do not want to delay any longer.

Can I get some form of Identity from my GP? or council via electrol? The second part is no problems regarding to bank statement with cheque card, utility bills, etc.

TIA

7 Comments

you need a passport or driving licence-no other form of id are acceptable-part of the governments new laws regarding money laundering-all solicitors must ask for this-there is no other form of identification he will accept.

Speak to your solicitor & tell him/her what you just told us, & see what the answer is from him/her.

Original Poster

I will not buy a passport anyway (waste of money for id purpose:x) and I dont drive! (Tree hugger:whistling:). This seems ridiculous for those who have not got them:x

birth certificate no good?

Original Poster

kj23;3860241

birth certificate no good?

Don't think so. Needs photo with name and address but I'm not sure.

Gazman2k;3863235

Don't think so. Needs photo with name and address but I'm not sure.

your passport doesnt contain your address

Original Poster

foxymissroxy;3893968

your passport doesnt contain your address

Oh right, I have disabled bus pass and I think this is the best way? Tried to phone my solicitor today but still on holiday:x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1214
      2. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      3. Biscuit addiction1231
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325

See more discussions