Groups

identifying xbox 360 drive by opening tray

Can anybody post a link to a picture which shows all xbox360 drive trays so i can identify what type is in a new console i bought.

I've searched but can only find one that shows an hitatchi, samsung and benq

6 Comments

only way to tell is opening it, if you take of the front and look in the little hole

yellow wires = liteon
    white = benq

If yours is none of the ones you mentioned then by process of elimination yours must be a LiteOn.

Pop off the faceplate and eject the DVD drive. There's a little hole with a wire inside it, just visible. Shine a light in there to see what colour the wire is. If its yellow then you definitely have the LiteOn drive.

edit: beaten to it! :-)

edit2: you dont have to eject the drive. the hole is just below the "xbox 360" text engraving on the drive's faceplate

Original Poster

t0mm;5184494

only way to tell is opening it, if you take of the front and look in the … only way to tell is opening it, if you take of the front and look in the little hole yellow wires = liteonwhite = benq

is it going to be one of them in a console which is about 5 months old, i did say new in the op but i bought it around xmas time and haven't yet opened it

souljacker;5184518

is it going to be one of them in a console which is about 5 months old, i … is it going to be one of them in a console which is about 5 months old, i did say new in the op but i bought it around xmas time and haven't yet opened it

Will be a lite-on then.

souljacker;5184518

is it going to be one of them in a console which is about 5 months old, i … is it going to be one of them in a console which is about 5 months old, i did say new in the op but i bought it around xmas time and haven't yet opened it

Gotta be a LiteOn if its only 5 months old, bought brand new @ xmas. My 360 is about a year old and has the liteon drive

edit: lol beaten again, thought you'd gone offline :-D

Original Poster

ok thanks fr your help guys, repped :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions