Groups
    EXPIRED

IDE/SATA to USB Adapter

I'm looking for an adapter to be able to plug a bare disk drive into a USB port without having to fit it into an enclosure. I found one at Maplin, but at £39.99 it seems a bit steep.
    maplin.co.uk/Mod…965

Anyone know of an alternative?

10 Comments

I bought one via aidmypc.co.uk/
    they have a shop in central london, good service and friendly staff,
    spend 8quid on a 2.5" IDE enclosure,
    could ask them for the product you need,
    maybe cheaper than maplin.

someone had one for sale over the last few weeks. not sure thread address and gotta pop and do some work but when I come back I'll have a look although I think it might be the same model as maplins.

it might be better to buy the enclosure and just keep the cover off as i do!

They're just a couple of quid from hong kong on a well known auction site but be careful when buying one, you need to decide whether you need a power adapter with it or not.

Ebuyer have one that fits 3.5" and 2.5" drives: ebuyer.com/pro…ews comes in at £10.67 with supersaver delivery.

bjmcghee;2751217

Ebuyer have one that fits 3.5" and 2.5" drives: … Ebuyer have one that fits 3.5" and 2.5" drives: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/106521/show_product_reviews comes in at £10.67 with supersaver delivery.

That's ok but only suitable for 2.5" laptop drives as it doesn't have a power adapter with it.

SunTzu;2751281

That's ok but only suitable for 2.5" laptop drives as it doesn't have a … That's ok but only suitable for 2.5" laptop drives as it doesn't have a power adapter with it.

I misread one of the reviews and thought a power adaptor came with it, but someone later on says it doesn't, my mistake!

Get one of these from Dealextreme for about £9 delivered : :thumbsup:

I have 2 of these ....do the job great ......it does 2.5 ", 3.5" & SATA Drives !

dealextreme.com/det…474

http://www.dealextreme.com/customerphotos/0474-317282f8-ec6b-4ea5-aa87-e9e2cc69c5ea.jpg

You just need to change the 3 pin Plug for the power supply. (u need to replace the power cable (bottom left in pic) same cable as your monitor or pc uses - i can send u one free if you don't have a spare)

;-)

Mecoconuts;2753287

Get one of these from Dealextreme for about £9 delivered : :thumbsup:I … Get one of these from Dealextreme for about £9 delivered : :thumbsup:I have 2 of these ....do the job great ......it does 2.5 ", 3.5" & SATA Drives ! http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.474You just need to change the 3 pin Plug for the power supply. (u need to replace the power cable (bottom left in pic) same cable as your monitor or pc uses - i can send u one free if you don't have a spare);-)

Was just about to say this, I have one from dealextreme & it does the job perfectly :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;2753287

Get one of these from Dealextreme for about £9 delivered : :thumbsup:You … Get one of these from Dealextreme for about £9 delivered : :thumbsup:You just need to change the 3 pin Plug for the power supply. (u need to replace the power cable (bottom left in pic) same cable as your monitor or pc uses - i can send u one free if you don't have a spare)

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047141
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1223
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352

See more discussions