Idiot buyer on ebay...opens a case after non payment..what can i do?

Found 21st Nov 2012
Right i sold two items to a buyer on the 28th Oct. Waited till the 2nd Nov for payment but nothing, so i email the buyer asking where's the payment. I did not get any response so i open a "unpaid item" case, i waited till the 5th for buyer to respond but nothing so i close the case and had me fees refunded.

Now on the 20th Nov the buyer emails me asking where are the two items he had bought i replied saying i never got the payment. Then he opens a case of "items not received" and wants a refund.

I have sent messages through the resolution centre explaining everything..

how is he allowed to open a case when i have already opened "unpaid item" case and won and ebay know buyer never paid...

What can i do next?
can he leave a neg feedback?
Community Updates
Misc
32 Comments
eBay will see he hasn't payed so can't refund him if he hasn't payed for them
ebay.co.uk/sch…e=9

Request his phone number and call them. Maybe it's a misunderstanding.
No he can not leave neg feedback but this is becoming prevalent with Ebay now, simple problems and they are putting in for claims of not received or item not as described and Ebay is paying out without any proof. Luckily I have not had a penny deducted but I have always had proof ready for the illicit claims that now make me hesitate to sell on Ebay. But that is why fees are so high ebay is paying out on any complaint evidence or no evidence supplied.
But you never " won " the unpaid item claim because you closed it.

Maybe the buyer sent the payment to the wrong email address?
I have asked him to provide me with the paypal transaction details. even if i did not "win" the case ebay still has a record of the non payment. And why did the buyer not respond to me or ebay.

How can the payent go to a different account?
Just give him his money back and move on
churchill

Just give him his money back and move on

well i would but i do not have "his" money....and i work pretty hard for my money so don't think i'll be handing it out to complete strangers!!!!
earthlling

well i would but i do not have "his" money....and i work pretty hard for … well i would but i do not have "his" money....and i work pretty hard for my money so don't think i'll be handing it out to complete strangers!!!!

So you spent his money already and now your trying to get out of it???

You should be ashamed
maybe you didnt enter the correct paypal email address in the listing and he did pay
you do not have to enter the email address on every listing, the email is set as default and i have been paid since then many times...so its not an incorrect email issue.
turns out he can't do jack! ebay has a record of non payment and the case will be awarded in may favour. i've been told to ignore the idiot by ebay customer service.

Thanks everyone apart from one moron aka "churchill"
earthlling

turns out he can't do jack! ebay has a record of non payment and the case … turns out he can't do jack! ebay has a record of non payment and the case will be awarded in may favour. i've been told to ignore the idiot by ebay customer service.Thanks everyone apart from one moron aka "churchill"

Moron? I thought it was funny. He made me do a small wee in the front of my tighties!
Earthling, Comprehensive selling tutorials here-

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

Might be better to get clued up rather than insult posters on here.
Mark2111

Earthling, Comprehensive selling tutorials … Earthling, Comprehensive selling tutorials here-http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/sell-getstarted.htmlMight be better to get clued up rather than insult posters on here.

Huh! who have i insulted??
earthlling

turns out he can't do jack! ebay has a record of non payment and the case … turns out he can't do jack! ebay has a record of non payment and the case will be awarded in may favour. i've been told to ignore the idiot by ebay customer service.Thanks everyone apart from one moron aka "churchill"

OMG Moron??? Thats a bit much I was only trying to help its not getting arrested over scamming some buyer for a few quid especially this close to Christmas
earthlling

you do not have to enter the email address on every listing, the email is … you do not have to enter the email address on every listing, the email is set as default and i have been paid since then many times...so its not an incorrect email issue.

I hope your paying your tax on said many items
Pah , dont mention Ebay to me today !! In 6 yrs of buying on there has been fine and then some scummy Essex scrot tries to scam me , sorted her out though now ...bitch .
shopstilldrops

Pah , dont mention Ebay to me today !! In 6 yrs of buying on there has … Pah , dont mention Ebay to me today !! In 6 yrs of buying on there has been fine and then some scummy Essex scrot tries to scam me , sorted her out though now ...bitch .

Yep its dull of sellers like her and the OP
churchill

Yep its dull of sellers like her and the OP

Bit harsh !
What makes you think hes scammed anyone .If he'd scammed someone do you think he would come on here asking questions
He just exudes filthy scam-nous. I'm with Churchy on this one. Thinks airing his dodgynous on a shopping forum will repent his sin's.

No need to cry sbout it when rumbled.
stefromuk

Bit harsh !What makes you think hes scammed anyone .If he'd scammed … Bit harsh !What makes you think hes scammed anyone .If he'd scammed someone do you think he would come on here asking questions

Yep, seen it before. Expect the unexpected, this is misk.
Sorry but, if he opened a paypal dispute there must of been a transaction in place through paypal in the first place!!!!!!!!!
(Unless i have missed something here)
J4GG4

Sorry but, if he opened a paypal dispute there must of been a transaction … Sorry but, if he opened a paypal dispute there must of been a transaction in place through paypal in the first place!!!!!!!!!(Unless i have missed something here)

No your right OP the scammer He's probably Nigerian
shopstilldrops

Pah , dont mention Ebay to me today !! In 6 yrs of buying on there has … Pah , dont mention Ebay to me today !! In 6 yrs of buying on there has been fine and then some scummy Essex scrot tries to scam me , sorted her out though now ...bitch .

Was that when she tried charging you £9.99 for a 99p bike? :P
J4GG4

Sorry but, if he opened a paypal dispute there must of been a transaction … Sorry but, if he opened a paypal dispute there must of been a transaction in place through paypal in the first place!!!!!!!!!(Unless i have missed something here)

It wasn't a paypal dispute it was ebay dispute. He's gone all quiet now since i asked him to provide me with the paypal transaction details.
earthlling

It wasn't a paypal dispute it was ebay dispute. He's gone all quiet now … It wasn't a paypal dispute it was ebay dispute. He's gone all quiet now since i asked him to provide me with the paypal transaction details.

So you have basically bullied him out of his money well I hope you're proud
churchill

So you have basically bullied him out of his money well I hope you're … So you have basically bullied him out of his money well I hope you're proud

Blimey, I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I cannot see anything that the OP has done wrong. Are you winding him up? or just making assumptions about what has happened?
ediblebob

Blimey, I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I cannot see anything … Blimey, I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I cannot see anything that the OP has done wrong. Are you winding him up? or just making assumptions about what has happened?

http://i47.tinypic.com/nfnwpw.jpg
earthlling

It wasn't a paypal dispute it was ebay dispute. He's gone all quiet now … It wasn't a paypal dispute it was ebay dispute. He's gone all quiet now since i asked him to provide me with the paypal transaction details.

But you said you opened a dispute on him and won...case closed.

Did he complete checkout? if yes then are you sure he isnt sending a cheque or something? I just find it odd why he would pursue you for no reason? Unless he knows you and wants to neg you for something you did to him in the past?
Edited by: "J4GG4" 22nd Nov 2012
churchill

So you spent his money already and now your trying to get out of it???You … So you spent his money already and now your trying to get out of it???You should be ashamed

And I shall introduce both. Moron = buyer on eBay
ediblebob

Blimey, I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I cannot see anything … Blimey, I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I cannot see anything that the OP has done wrong. Are you winding him up? or just making assumptions about what has happened?

I've dealt with idiots like Churchill on this website before. They are simply trolls that provide no help but think they own this section. As you said, the OP has done nothing wrong but this guy just makes accusations when OP is simply looking for advice!

J4GG4

But you said you opened a dispute on him and won...case closed.Did he … But you said you opened a dispute on him and won...case closed.Did he complete checkout? if yes then are you sure he isnt sending a cheque or something? I just find it odd why he would pursue you for no reason? Unless he knows you and wants to neg you for something you did to him in the past?

You can only pay by methods stated, if OP only had paypal as payment then any other payment type would have taken him beyond the checkout stage.
J4GG4

But you said you opened a dispute on him and won...case closed.Did he … But you said you opened a dispute on him and won...case closed.Did he complete checkout? if yes then are you sure he isnt sending a cheque or something? I just find it odd why he would pursue you for no reason? Unless he knows you and wants to neg you for something you did to him in the past?

I did open the unpaid item case and closed it after few days so i got me fees refunded. But the buyer was still able to open a "item not received" case not sure how though.

I spoke to ebay CS and was told he can not leave a neg, and was told to ignore him he had no chance of winning the case.

I haven't heard from him.

As for churchill, there will always be idiots in the world!!

if i were in the scamming business don't think i would have 893 100% positive feedbacks.
Edited by: "earthlling" 23rd Nov 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants