Groups

IE keeps popping up or loading chat!

hi, Internet Explorer keeps popping up whenever i type more than a few words, really annoying, i've tried malwarebytes antimalware/outpost firewall/spybot/spywareguard and AVG scan

still having the same problem, probably related to trojan vundo or hupigon, is a reinstall of XP the only solution? many thanks

9 Comments

try doing a saystem restor or run you anti virus etc in safe mode. I think spyware doctor is really good with outpost and nod 32. having tried them all in safe mode and it still fails. try del your system restore files and do another scan.

if that does not work then backup and reinstall.

I'd highly recommend ]this tool. It's free and very effective.

Original Poster

thanks, looks great, good advice, rep left for both!

You're welcome. Another suggestion would be to forget about IE altogether and use FF instead.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

moob;5240650

You're welcome. Another suggestion would be to forget about IE altogether … You're welcome. Another suggestion would be to forget about IE altogether and use FF instead.:thumbsup:

i love FF and all the addons, sadly my father uses IE and sometimes needs certain features for work!

Banned

AugQX;5240892

i love FF and all the addons, sadly my father uses IE and sometimes needs … i love FF and all the addons, sadly my father uses IE and sometimes needs certain features for work!

why dont you create your own user sign on and remove it from your settings then?

let us know if it fixes your problem

Original Poster

waqas;5241087

let us know if it fixes your problem

problem i found after holding off on reinstalling xp was a keyboard conflict from god knows where, damn hp keyboards, installed new driver than uninstalled another driver and it seemed to work fine! i had a few trojan problems, but at least my pc is protected by a decent firewall etc now, after doin a bit o research

all good then.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?24
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.22
      3. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
      4. Flights only Dominican Republic33

See more discussions