ieGeek Security Outdoor Camera reconnecting wifi

Posted 7th Nov
Hi,

Just changed internet provider and have a new router. Any way to reconnect the camera to the internet other than running a lan cable all the way to the router?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

5 Comments
See if you can add additional IP ranges to the router to match that of the camera, if no option to do that temporarily change the IP address range to match the camera, dial into the camera menu (assuming it has a wifi webpage set up?) set the new IP address to the range in what the new router will be.
Click save and it should lose connection.
change the router ssid and password to the old routers settings, or at least log in to the camera before installing the new router and change the settings.
you also might be able to create a hotspot with your phone, using the old router's ssid and password
Thanks both, did think about renaming the new router the same as the old one, but just finished reconnecting everything else! Will try the hotspot, failing that might see if I can borrow an extra long lan cable from work or a telephone extension for the router.
If you can find the camera's ip address when you try the hotspot, you can manually change the settings
e.g. 192.168.1.22/web…tml default login is admin for both username and password
look under settings / network / wireless
38929901-ywTo5.jpg
esar07/11/2019 22:43

If you can find the camera's ip address when you try the hotspot, you can …If you can find the camera's ip address when you try the hotspot, you can manually change the settingse.g. http://192.168.1.22/web/admin.html default login is admin for both username and passwordlook under settings / network / wireless[Image]

Was able to rename my new router, to same name and password as the old one in order to gain control of the camera, and then transferred it to a hotspot on my phone, then finally back to the new router with its correct name and password. Bit of a faff, but all good now.
Thanks for your time/help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants