Groups

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD AN EMAIL FROM DHL...

stating that they couldn't deliver a parcel but they have attached a label for you to print out to pick up your item - DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT IT A VIRUS.

FROM DHL WEBSITE
    A message to our customers about a spam message and new virus
    Please be advised that if you received an email suggesting that DHL is attempting to deliver a package, requesting that you open the email attachment in order to affect delivery, this email is fraudulent, the attachment is a computer virus, and the package does not exist.

Please do not open the attachment. This virus does not originate from DHL. We apologize for any inconvenience.

5 Comments

Original Poster

i've had three this week and this one today i was just about to open when i thought no i'll check dhl website first, phew am i glad i did

Maybe I'm speaking with the wisdom of age, but emails like this should always set alarm bells ringing - there shouldn't be people saying "Gosh! I nearly opened that attachment".

If anyone gets an email from anywhere that they weren't expecting, with an attachment that the email says has to be opened or downloaded, then 99.9999999% of the time it's a spam email with a virus.

Stop and ask yourself "Did I order something from this company? Did I send a package via this company? Am I expecting anything to be sent via this company?"

But the most important question to ask is "Why on earth would a company contact me out of the blue & tell me to download something to my PC in order to effect delivery???"

Similarly, if an email purports to be from ebay/paypal/your bank & asks you to follow a link provided in the email to reactivate/confirm/reset your account details then 100% of the time it's a spam email.

Similar going the rounds from UPS.

As suggested, don't ever open a link from any email that you are not expecting.

I got a UPS one too, last night.......opened it tho:oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      4. Furniture Sliders45

See more discussions