Groups

If Beckham and Rio Were Fit We'd Of Won The World Cup

Fact.

Beckham would of created loads and scored a winner against the German's.

Rio would of stopped the German's.

82 Comments

i'd like to think so - but fear you are dreaming !

No chance. although both are better than most in our team, we play the wrong football.

Beckhams past it. Ferdinand may have sorted out the defence but he's not a miracle worker.

Banned

woodgate and ferdinand were missing...........2 best centrebacks in the business

Original Poster

Barry, Upson and Heskey are the main reason we failed after the managers tactics.

Banned

the only thing that could possibly of helped us would have been the ball being bigger than the goalpost

Plus the two pigs flying - dream on rose tinted Mancunian

Banned

what i dont get is why joe cole was cheered everytime he came on like he is some kind of hero.........very odd. i saw rooneys face when was replaced and i think he thought the same

Banned

casparwhite;8933226

what i dont get is why joe cole was cheered everytime he came on like he … what i dont get is why joe cole was cheered everytime he came on like he is some kind of hero.........very odd. i saw rooneys face when was replaced and i think he thought the same

better looking, well just

Banned

shauneco;8933207

Barry, Upson and Heskey are the main reason we failed after the managers … Barry, Upson and Heskey are the main reason we failed after the managers tactics.

Johnson !! :? The last two goals which meant we were out we're johnsons fault for being out of position. If fabio capello wasnt our manager we would have won - Fact

sassie;8933217

the only thing that could possibly of helped us would have been the ball … the only thing that could possibly of helped us would have been the ball being bigger than the goalpost

:):-D

yeah and if messi, xavi, casillas, tevez, robben, lucio, lahm, torres, klose, ozil and ronaldo were scottish we'd have qualified for the damn thing so I'd keep dreaming.

Banned

ants97;8933262

yeah and if messi, xavi, casillas, tevez, robben, lucio, lahm, torres, … yeah and if messi, xavi, casillas, tevez, robben, lucio, lahm, torres, klose, ozil and ronaldo were scottish we'd have qualified for the damn thing so I'd keep dreaming.

13 posts before the mention, its getting slower, thank the lawd

At least the English are good at snooker :-D

Although the Scottish are better :w00t:

darren9030;8933280

At least the English are good at snooker :-D Although the Scottish are … At least the English are good at snooker :-D Although the Scottish are better :w00t:

for a price apparently we can even let you be better than us at that to (but only in the non ranking tournaments) :thumbsup:

Banned

ants97;8933262

yeah and if messi, xavi, casillas, tevez, robben, lucio, lahm, torres, … yeah and if messi, xavi, casillas, tevez, robben, lucio, lahm, torres, klose, ozil and ronaldo were scottish we'd have qualified for the damn thing so I'd keep dreaming.

i dont think dreaming that some of the best players in the world were scottish is quite the same as having some of our best players out through injury:roll:

sassie;8933273

13 posts before the mention, its getting slower, thank the lawd

since your trolling congrats to gemany thread died on its proverbial its sad to see you resrting to this.

casparwhite;8933311

i dont think dreaming that some of the best players in the world were … i dont think dreaming that some of the best players in the world were scottish is quite the same as having some of our best players out through injury:roll:

A guy who played lees games than ledley king last season and an ac milan sub would've made no difference whatsoever.

Banned

ants97;8933332

A guy who played lees games than ledley king last season and an ac milan … A guy who played lees games than ledley king last season and an ac milan sub would've made no difference whatsoever.

thats the point if they were fit.......hence the bolded injury

are you trying to say the ferdinand/woodgate partnership doesnt work?

Humphman;8933220

Plus the two pigs flying - dream on rose tinted Mancunian

Lampard was Poor

casparwhite;8933340

thats the point if they were fit.......hence the bolded injuryare you … thats the point if they were fit.......hence the bolded injuryare you trying to say the ferdinand/woodgate partnership doesnt work?

you are seriously throwing woodgate into this mix now haha.

c'mon i'll give you a fit ferdinand from 2 or 3 seasons ago may have managed to stay beside klose as he scored the first but woodgate along side him your having a laugh.

Original Poster

Rio knows how to defend, Upson and Terry not on the same wavelength.

Banned

ants97;8933365

you are seriously throwing woodgate into this mix now haha. c'mon i'll … you are seriously throwing woodgate into this mix now haha. c'mon i'll give you a fit ferdinand from 2 or 3 seasons ago may have managed to stay beside klose as he scored the first but woodgate along side him your having a laugh.

are you reading the same thread , ive said it since my first post

the first goal didnt really matter.......did it? seeing as it was cancelled out

you speak as if our defence was solid as.....it wasnt and they were caught out of position time and time again, woodgate and ferdinand are the best in the country and have played together for several years.....this makes a huge difference. upson....and the mutinous terry..pfftttt

FACT?

ha!

Supermod

I think you are getting a little carried away.

Ferdinand was a MASSIVE loss. Beckham probably wasnt.

We would have won this game if the referee and lino were not blind *****.

casparwhite;8933387

are you reading the same thread , ive said it since my first postthe … are you reading the same thread , ive said it since my first postthe first goal didnt really matter.......did it? seeing as it was cancelled outyou speak as if our defence was solid as.....it wasnt and they were caught out of position time and time again, woodgate and ferdinand are the best in the country and have played together for several years.....this makes a huge difference. upson....and the mutinous terry..pfftttt

well if your going down that road why not throw alan smith on for rooney and bowyer in for lampard.:-D

It's all ifs and buts. Every tournament it's the same thing we are going to win then ...... they were rubbish what went wrong looking for excuses. Gerard and Lampard can't play together but no manager has the bottle to put one of them on the bench. The whole team was built around Rooney who didn't look fit.

if Germany didn;t score 4 goals you would have won

i think that it was not only the players who were starting to believe the media. England expects. i think you have to admit that although the players are good individually they just can't work together and get found out at every big tourney they qualify for

ants97;8933262

Dream ? nah would have needed a miracle.

Seriously delusional stuff.

Before:

If England are to win this game then Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Ashley Cole will need to give 10 out of 10 performances! The support acts of Defoe, Joe Cole, Barry and Milner will have to put in a grand old shift as well!

The defence is pretty solid in my opinion, we have finally sorted out who is our number 1 (it should have been James form day one) and John Terry is peaking at the right time...

Gerrard, Terry and Rooney will be bouncing the German players, and if the space can be denied by Lampard and Barry, their good players will have to work very hard and be very imaginative to beat England.

England are good defensively, and look to have the set up now. Not to mention the obvious quality from Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard

Barry should be able to keep Ozil relatively quiet with his ability off the ball, if we press him then he wont be able to do what he's done so far.

I suggest using wright-phillips and lennon on the outside with defoe and rooney up front. we are strong enough defensively with lampard, garrard, upson and terry in the middle. combined with ashley cole and glen johnson, think of the speed down the lines. i would be afraid of this team.

In simple terms, Rooney is a better player than Ozil, Gerrard and Lampard are both better players than Schweinsteiger. Ashley Cole is as good as Lahm, if not better. The rest of the England players are at least on a par with the German players in terms of basic skill and provided they play as a team, England's greater experience will give them a win.

And after:

The obvious problem was the poor quality of the whole squad, made worse that the bulk of the first team's careers is on the downward spiral. Terry, Ferdinand, Carragher, Ashley and Joe Cole, Lampard, Gerrard and Heskey have all seen their best days. Of the remainder only Rooney is anywhere near world class and he decided not to turn up.

Cleverly for the second the Germans had stacked up on our left side so they actually had 3 v 3 there whilst we had Barry/Lampard in the middle marking no-one. This was a huge tactical blunder as everyone knew Ozil would cause this problem and Barry needed to just sit in front of the defence. That wasn't the only problem though, until our goal we didn't play with any spirit and pace. Rooney was extremely poor, along with Barry and Terry (Upson being a novice has his excuses).

"The Golden Generation"....Your having a laugh! The only World Class players in the team are Gerrard and Rooney and the burden was too much for Rooney who i feel was burnt out from the season. I like how the English give themselves the titles of Best league in the world and Best left back in the world (Cole). Where was he tonight

What a difference a day makes:lol:

Banned

ants97;8933313

since your trolling congrats to gemany thread died on its proverbial its … since your trolling congrats to gemany thread died on its proverbial its sad to see you resrting to this.

jesus if i am a troll you must be the flipping godfather of them

hotukdeals.com/sea…Now

sassie;8934132

jesus if i am a troll you must be the flipping godfather of … jesus if i am a troll you must be the flipping godfather of themhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/search?keywords=&search_type=title_only&merchant_id=&merchant_search=&user_id=13664&user_search=ants97&user_search_type=posts&threads_with=minimum&threads_with_number=&posts_from=6months&posts_from_option=newer&sort_results_by=Last+Posting+Date&sort_results_option=DESC&temp_min=&temp_max=&advanced_search=Search+Now

thanks for the link it'll help me keep an eye on some old threads. :thumbsup:

Banned

I predict numerous bites from bitter scots and a few tag abuses for good measure.

guvI predict numerous bites from bitter scots and a few tag abuses for … guvI predict numerous bites from bitter scots and a few tag abuses for good measure

nah, like my Murphys i'm not bitter.
    thing is when Scotland don't qualify us Scots just accept it, then have a sigh of relief cos we know the team wont get humped by the good teams. besides Scotland will win the 2034 world cup. here is the proof for the master ]plan.

Banned

boabbyrab;8934547

nah, like my Murphys i'm not bitter.thing is when Scotland don't qualify … nah, like my Murphys i'm not bitter.thing is when Scotland don't qualify us Scots just accept it, then have a sigh of relief cos we know the team wont get humped by the good teams. besides Scotland will win the 2034 world cup. here is the proof for the master ]plan.

LOL.. it just came back with "Jockiano"

boabbyrab;8934547

nah, like my Murphys i'm not bitter.thing is when Scotland don't qualify … nah, like my Murphys i'm not bitter.thing is when Scotland don't qualify us Scots just accept it, then have a sigh of relief cos we know the team wont get humped by the good teams. besides Scotland will win the 2034 world cup. here is the proof for the master ]plan.

Is it broken ? It just kept generating this for me http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1907/dnq.png

Some people are so so biased, OP. Man U fan, blaming the lack of Ferdinand and Beckham, and then casparwhite, Leeds fan, blaming lack of Woodgate and Ferdiand (ex Leeds central defence duo)

If Harry Kewell was English, they'd have won the world cup. Well, at least he could stop a ball going over the line, unlike Green!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2971040
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33178
      3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1124
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764571

See more discussions