Groups

If I bought ........

If I bought an iPhone 4 in Hong Kong/Singapore/Australia, on PAYG, would it work in the UK ?

8 Comments

it will probably be a fake

Most likely, the phone will not work (locked) and as wickedteen said, it could be a fake. But if you are buying in-person and the phone is not a fake, insert a UK Sim into the phone. If you get service, you are golden - the phone is unlocked. Otherwise, you can buy the phone and then unlock it via some software -- blog.iphone-dev.org/ -- they should release the iOS4 version soon.

you need a loud ringtone to hear it in the UK

shedboy66;8902140

you need a loud ringtone to hear it in the UK

:-D

Original Poster

but, would it work, if it was not a fake ?

as in bought from Apple in the respective country

Banned

No - it will just claim benefits and send the money to it's family back home.

Banned

terr9898;8902121

Most likely, the phone will not work (locked) and as wickedteen said, it … Most likely, the phone will not work (locked) and as wickedteen said, it could be a fake. But if you are buying in-person and the phone is not a fake, insert a UK Sim into the phone. If you get service, you are golden - the phone is unlocked. Otherwise, you can buy the phone and then unlock it via some software -- http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ -- they should release the iOS4 version soon.

why would it be locked here?

i have met a few people selling stolen mobiles in australia after they have been blocked here.......

Original Poster

so, it would work ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846180
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764241
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31144
      4. Find out how good your GP surgery is67

See more discussions