Groups

If I bought an item from argos for £40 3 days ago and has now been reduced to 30 can I get the difference back?

highchair

15 Comments

I'd just take it for a refund with receipt then buy the 30 pound one.

Banned

sure get another one and return it with the new receipt (worse case)

i dont know if they costumer service will refund the extra without you having to make them or not tho (make them = as above)

Or if you've already opened and used it, buy it again at £30 and then take it back using the £40 receipt
    Edited by: "Saulosi" 27th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Saulosi

Or if you've already opened and used it, by it again at £30 and then take … Or if you've already opened and used it, by it again at £30 and then take it back using the £40 receipt

​Thanks i will try that.

I think I tried this at Argos many years back for an item that was reduced in a similar way after I bought it. I phoned customer services and explained to them and they credited the difference back to my Debit card. I think it was for a Microwave I'd bought. That is the route is take first, If I were you.

yeah . i bought a treadmill , 8 days later it was reduced a further £90 they refunded me the difference

Argos sent me a voucher (£20) for the difference but they did suggest returning the item and buying it again. I was 9 months pregnant and told them I didn't want to travel to a branch so far away to swap the item (it was too big to carry)

Original Poster

Thanks everyone I have bought another or to return with the old receipt. Hopefully I get the money back.

kikys

Thanks everyone I have bought another or to return with the old receipt. … Thanks everyone I have bought another or to return with the old receipt. Hopefully I get the money back.

Hello, please advise re highchair, I'm looking for a good one. Thanks for ur help

Original Poster

sydney2

Hello, please advise re highchair, I'm looking for a good one. Thanks for … Hello, please advise re highchair, I'm looking for a good one. Thanks for ur help

​It the mamas and papas teal bop. seems ok. I like it because u can make it into a toddler chair as well. At 30 pounds now it's a good buy. My 7mth old nephew already loves it. Was a xmas present and the parents love it as well.

If the price had gone up would you be happy if they rang you up and told you that you had to pay the difference? If you're not happy with the price of something when you buy it then don't buy it!

howarth3

If the price had gone up would you be happy if they rang you up and told … If the price had gone up would you be happy if they rang you up and told you that you had to pay the difference? If you're not happy with the price of something when you buy it then don't buy it!

I think it shows good customer experience that Argos do that. Yes, prices fluctuate and offers go up and down. But if they are willing to do that, I'd have confidence to but my from them again.

Once the goods are in your possession they are not legally obliged to refund the difference.

BUT, if you paid by card, I'd call Customer Services, they may well refund the difference, saving you a journey, if not, simply buy again and return with old receipt.

andynicol

Once the goods are in your possession they are not legally obliged to … Once the goods are in your possession they are not legally obliged to refund the difference.BUT, if you paid by card, I'd call Customer Services, they may well refund the difference, saving you a journey, if not, simply buy again and return with old receipt.

They are not legally obliged but since they offer a 30 days return policy it's very easy to buy it and take it back with the other receipt.

eslick

They are not legally obliged but since they offer a 30 days return policy … They are not legally obliged but since they offer a 30 days return policy it's very easy to buy it and take it back with the other receipt.

Thats what I said...oO
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions