Expired

If I buy a 4G phone from Hong Kong, would it work in UK?

Found 26th Nov 2014
I am thinking about buying a 4G phone from Hong Kong but am not sure whether it is compatible with the 4G network in UK. Any help on this is appreciated.

10 Comments

Maybe.

Hong Kong uses only 1800MHz, whereas the UK uses 800, 1800 and 2600 MHz bands..

So if you pick a provider that uses 1800, then you should be ok. (I think 3 and EE use 1800).. [source: en.wikipedia.org/wik…rks ]
Edited by: "adam_holcombe" 26th Nov 2014

Original Poster

Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated.

I think the question should be "how long will a phone from Hong Kong work"

Yes

I think it should, my partner bought a S5 in Sept and put in his o2 SIM and is working fine. But, I would recommend you ask, as some places sell Japanese and Korean versions, though I'm not sure if that would effect things really.

Original Poster

Thank you kittybus27 for your advice.

I and the rest of my family now have s5 clones and they are VERY good these days approx 90 percent as good as the real thing and a tenth of the price. All on giffgaff of course....

mazdarazmataz

I and the rest of my family now have s5 clones and they are VERY good … I and the rest of my family now have s5 clones and they are VERY good these days approx 90 percent as good as the real thing and a tenth of the price. All on giffgaff of course....

A tenth? Really?

Nothing wrong with a chinese phone as long as you do your homework
A lot of tat from china
Our lads both have doogee dg900 phones
Fast and suprisingly good quality
Shame they dont have 4g
But the 3g is a lot quicker than others
If it came with 4g i'd have one

Been using a galaxy grand duos bought whilst in Hong Kong last month. its very goid on 3g on giffgaff.
will be putting it up for sale as got new upgrade to the Note4
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants