Expired

If I buy a brand new sealed iphone from Ebay, and seller doesn't have receipt, do I still get apple warranty?

Found 15th Dec 2013
if I check the serial on the apple site and it confirms the item is still in warranty, does this mean I can take it to any apple store if it develops a fault?

Thanks
Community Updates
14 Comments
Yes I think you can
dont touch it its probibly a bumped contact phone and it will get blocked sooner or later
what is a bumped contract phone? thanks
Yes you can. Assuming it's not blocked. if the serial states it has a warranty then you have one. As long as it hasn't been opened or has water damage, but i'm sure you'd know this by looking at it!
Check the serial on the back matches the serial in the settings panel. If it does then you are good to go
Edited by: "Jbdesignme" 15th Dec 2013
Just be careful - if it is indeed a contract being bumped, you will be left with a brick!
https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

If the product is not with you or won't start up

Depending on the product, you can find your serial number:

On the surface of the product
In iTunes (for products that sync with iTunes)
On the original product packaging
On the original product receipt (or invoice)

Ask him to send you the serial/or screen shot of him checking the warrenty
Be careful too as serial numbers are easy to get hold of to fake, and so are screenshots of warranties. I could fake one in minutes on photoshop so just be careful. If it seems too good to be true, leave it.
Jbdesignme

Be careful too as serial numbers are easy to get hold of to fake, and so … Be careful too as serial numbers are easy to get hold of to fake, and so are screenshots of warranties. I could fake one in minutes on photoshop so just be careful. If it seems too good to be true, leave it.

Very true...
Only ever buy from a seller with a VERY convincing feedback score. Look to see what else they have sold. The number of sellers who sell the item loads of times only to walk off with all the cash and send empty boxes ... Be VERY CAUTIOUS. Better to pick up from local house.
thank you for the advise. the seller has 500+ feedbacks but have only sold low valued items in the past (£4-£60ish) he just mentioned it's a unwanted upgrade as he is happy with his iphone 4S phone.
KKND

thank you for the advise. the seller has 500+ feedbacks but have only … thank you for the advise. the seller has 500+ feedbacks but have only sold low valued items in the past (£4-£60ish) he just mentioned it's a unwanted upgrade as he is happy with his iphone 4S phone.

I bought my s2 off eBay as an unwanted upgrade. You do have to have alot of trust that they carry on paying the monthly charge ... There are more dodgy people out there than before because of hard economic times I suppose.
Seriously would not trust eBay for a phone. Even with great feedback & 1000s of sales. Nor gumtree not anywhere small. Phones I go to the big guys only. Yes they rip you off but at least you won't end up with a brick.

I was gullible and bought a blackberry on gumtree. Checked it worked ok. Charged it up fully, went down the beach and it was blocked. They could only tell me it was lost/stolen and couldn't be reversed. Went to police with good details and that I had bought under CCTV and we're not interested. Said to ask for my money back (less paperwork?) I still have a bricked phone as didn't know what to do with it.

I have good eBay sales and feedback but what says (god forbid) I lose my job then I play nasty as it means I eat... I also have a background that means I am VERY good at editing. I could quite easily become a crook with my skills.

Good luck but please, buy from a national retailer.
No idea why very was capitalised there! Sorry.
It would also depend on how long they have had it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants