If i buy a Samsung sound bar to go with my Samsung smart tv, can i use my tv remote with the sound bar. Thank you.

Found 13th Nov 2015
Community Updates
6 Comments
If they are compatible then yes
Yup - I've got a Samsung UE48H6400 smart TV and recently brought the Samsung HW-J355, they both work brilliantly with each other. Soundbar switches on and off whenever I switch the TV on and off, volume etc all controlled via one remote. Even works with my Sky remote, so I can control the TV, soundbar and Skybox with one remote.
yup just bought a hw-h750 with 2 wam350 with wam250 but all works seamlessly. Running a Samsung ue40h6400. If your tv has sound connect it's all good.
Depends on the TV and sound bar. Both mine are Samsung and I can't =(
gsj87

Yup - I've got a Samsung UE48H6400 smart TV and recently brought the … Yup - I've got a Samsung UE48H6400 smart TV and recently brought the Samsung HW-J355, they both work brilliantly with each other. Soundbar switches on and off whenever I switch the TV on and off, volume etc all controlled via one remote. Even works with my Sky remote, so I can control the TV, soundbar and Skybox with one remote.

Thank you for you reply, did you have to do any thing with the Sky remote to connect the sound bar or did work atomaticly. Thank you.
LLANDWROG

Thank you for you reply, did you have to do any thing with the Sky remote … Thank you for you reply, did you have to do any thing with the Sky remote to connect the sound bar or did work atomaticly. Thank you.

My sky remote was already connected to the TV. When I connected the soundbar to the TV, the sky remote automatically sync'd so I could control volume via that.
I connected the soundbar to the TV using Samsung Soundshare, so double check that both your TV and soundbar have that option.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions