Groups

If I buy a SONY ERICSSON C905.....

Questions, questions....

If I was to buy a second hand SONY ERICSSON C905 off this site, would there be any problems with getting a repair under warranty?

I understand Sony offer a two year warrany, is this from the date of purchase or the date on the sticker behind the battery?

If you cannot prove the date of purchase, how will Sony know if its under warranty?

Thanks for any replies

6 Comments

You'd most likely need the original receipt and warranty would be from date of purchase

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply

If I can't prove date of purchase can Sony do so from the serial number, wouldn't it be entered on a database of sales?

Hi mine has gone back a 2nd time re probs with speakers and when I went into CPW they simply scanned the serial number and then sent it back - didnt need a rect - but I did get it from them originally so not sure if that would work with a 2nd hand one.

vraptorchick;6492544

Hi mine has gone back a 2nd time re probs with speakers and when I went … Hi mine has gone back a 2nd time re probs with speakers and when I went into CPW they simply scanned the serial number and then sent it back - didnt need a rect - but I did get it from them originally so not sure if that would work with a 2nd hand one.

When carphone warehouse scan them it only shows on their system if it was originally purchased from them

grabbit;6493795

When carphone warehouse scan them it only shows on their system if it was … When carphone warehouse scan them it only shows on their system if it was originally purchased from them

Thats correct go direct CRC

Orchard Business Park
    Town Street
    Sandiacre
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG10 5DU
    0870 011 4880

You will have no problems

spitroast

they will scan the barcode under the battery which has all the info on.

got one of these myself and its been back 5 tmes now. if i were you id have a good read up on these phones as they are very unreliable handsets.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047081
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11

See more discussions