Groups

if I buy a used blackberry, what's this pin thing about to allow blackberry messenger? or am I better off getting a new one?

if anyone can help i'm thinking of buying a used blackberry but want to be able to use blackberry messenger, how and what do I need to do?

thanks

7 Comments

every blackberry handset has a pin

if the old owner gave out his pin then when you buy it everyone he had on his contacts will still be connected to you on BB messenger

Original Poster

Richard S;8859414

every blackberry handset has a pinif the old owner gave out his pin then … every blackberry handset has a pinif the old owner gave out his pin then when you buy it everyone he had on his contacts will still be connected to you on BB messenger

is there anyway of changing the pin?

sorry but your wrong as he would just delete them from the messenger app and unless he re-added them they would no longer be on his list.

Richard S;8859414

every blackberry handset has a pinif the old owner gave out his pin then … every blackberry handset has a pinif the old owner gave out his pin then when you buy it everyone he had on his contacts will still be connected to you on BB messenger

no pins cant be changed also make sure the pin is '' released '' from the network the seller was on otherwise the phone will not be able to join the blackberry services of the network your on and you wont be able to put the handset in your name etc

paz2k6;8859548

is there anyway of changing the pin?

Original Poster

Dub1;8859583

sorry but your wrong as he would just delete them from the messenger app … sorry but your wrong as he would just delete them from the messenger app and unless he re-added them they would no longer be on his list.no pins cant be changed also make sure the pin is '' released '' from the network the seller was on otherwise the phone will not be able to join the blackberry services of the network your on and you wont be able to put the handset in your name etc

if for some reason I can't get the seller to release the pin, is there any way of me getting it to work once I receive the phone?

thanks

yea but its not free, check ebay item 280506971643 or 370279113865 i can vouch for the 2nd ebayer as he used to work with me

Dub1;8859635

yea but its not free, check ebay item 280506971643 or 370279113865 i can … yea but its not free, check ebay item 280506971643 or 370279113865 i can vouch for the 2nd ebayer as he used to work with me

How does that work then? I thought only the network could release the pin?

i thought the same, and i cant really answer it to be 100% honest when i did ask him all he said was there is a way lol he wouldnt tell me, i did here do it was something to do with business buyers and bis accounts or something like that, i can vouch it works do

steve1221;8859703

How does that work then? I thought only the network could release the … How does that work then? I thought only the network could release the pin?

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047108
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1828
      3. Has anyone purchased tickets from ViaGoGo or Seatwave? 138255
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359

See more discussions