If I have BT broadband should I get bt sports free?

Found 10th Apr
Hi all

I have BT infinity broadband. Just wondering if I qualify automatically for free bt sports tv?

I asked them in a chat and they said I had to subscribe but it's free? Didn't make much sense to me that.

Thanks
Community Updates
20 Comments
New contracts get it free for a year.
Original Poster
AW00791 m ago

New contracts get it free for a year.

Hmm see i never got offered that. What does he mean by I have to subscribe though? To me subscribe means pay for something.
i pay £3.50 per month, it was free for me until july of last month.
You're subscribing to bt and for the first twelve months sports is free. If you are still subscribing thereafter you pay
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 10th Apr
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell3 m ago

You're subscribing to bt and for the first twelve months sports is free. …You're subscribing to bt and for the first twelve months sports is free. If you are still subscribing thereafter you pay

What does subscribing to bt mean? Sorry I don't get it.
You subscribing but they aren't charging you for the first year. Bit like Amazon prime free month trial.
bbfb1236 m ago

What does subscribing to bt mean? Sorry I don't get it.

look at 'how to join' section in the link below. you need to join bt sport site to watch bt sport. that is what they mean when they say subscribe.

bt.custhelp.com/app…ort
Original Poster
I'm confused the bt products page says add bt sports for free to your bt package. But I still have to pay for those bt tv packages?
bbfb12326 m ago

I'm confused the bt products page says add bt sports for free to your bt …I'm confused the bt products page says add bt sports for free to your bt package. But I still have to pay for those bt tv packages?

read the link mutley put on. It explains how to do it without bt tv.
It seems simple enough, and you guys have explained it well, but I feel sorry for the OP. The BT website is a mess and sends you around in circles. Shows you everything except BT Sport when you click on various ''Add BT Sport to your package'' options throughout your account.
bo0td3 h, 4 m ago

It seems simple enough, and you guys have explained it well, but I feel …It seems simple enough, and you guys have explained it well, but I feel sorry for the OP. The BT website is a mess and sends you around in circles. Shows you everything except BT Sport when you click on various ''Add BT Sport to your package'' options throughout your account.

Just put the bt sport app on your device and logjn
As Chocci says you have to install the bt app on your phone or tablet then you log in using the details you used to sign up to BT with.

You don't get the tv package unless you pay for it.
Original Poster
Bigfootpete43 m ago

As Chocci says you have to install the bt app on your phone or tablet then …As Chocci says you have to install the bt app on your phone or tablet then you log in using the details you used to sign up to BT with.You don't get the tv package unless you pay for it.

So if I want to have BT sports on my sky tv package I have to pay for it even though I've never had a free trial of it when I signed up to broadband?
bbfb12316 m ago

So if I want to have BT sports on my sky tv package I have to pay for it …So if I want to have BT sports on my sky tv package I have to pay for it even though I've never had a free trial of it when I signed up to broadband?

Yes
Original Poster
chocci1 h, 33 m ago

Yes

hmm that's stupid tho because the channels I'd be paying for over already got on sky
bbfb12319 m ago

hmm that's stupid tho because the channels I'd be paying for over already …hmm that's stupid tho because the channels I'd be paying for over already got on sky

bt have to pay sky so thats why they want paying. just watch it on the app / browser and cast to tv
bbfb12323 m ago

hmm that's stupid tho because the channels I'd be paying for over already …hmm that's stupid tho because the channels I'd be paying for over already got on sky

You don't have to pay for the channels. You don't have to get bt tv. If you want bt sports without bt tv though, you have to get it by downloading the app. That's just the way it is. They won't add it to your sky package if you don't have bt tv.
Original Poster
ah ok so I have sky tv. to get bt sports on my TV requires me to pay for a bt tv subscription. Otherwise I could get free bt on my phone?
bbfb1231 h, 37 m ago

ah ok so I have sky tv. to get bt sports on my TV requires me to pay for a …ah ok so I have sky tv. to get bt sports on my TV requires me to pay for a bt tv subscription. Otherwise I could get free bt on my phone?

Sorta. You can have it as an add on by paying with an exorbitant a month to sky instead if you want it on your tv but don't want bt tv channels. Otherwise you need the app. It is free for however long they offered you then i think it is about £3.50 a month. I think you can have it on your tv on a pay monthly basis of you have Plusnet internet as well. Other people on here will probably know more than me about that.
The short answer is no, you don't automatically qualify for free BT Sports, all BT Sport packages are chargeable and there is no BT Sport lite anymore.

The longer answer is you have several options :

BT Sport on BT TV is an addon available at £3.50 per month, plus the cost of the base BT TV package (Some packages include it free).
BT Sport on Sky is £10 per monnth with BT broadband or £25.99 without (also includes app access and the online player at www.btsport.com)
BT Sport app is £7 per month (also includes access to the online player at www.btsport.com)
BT Sport mobile app is free on all BT mobile packages with 6GB data or more.

All except the BT Sport mobile app will recontract your broadband for the BT Sport minimum term when you order, this is because BT broadband is a required or includes a broadband discount.

The prices are standard prices, there might be offers available or possibly negotiate a discount on the broadband to offset the extra cost.
Edited by: "ItWasNotMe" 12th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants