Groups

If i pay someone by Paypal, is there anyway i could be scammed?

Was wondering if I paid anyone by Paypal is it possible for them to get more out of my account rather than what I sent and also is it possible that they can get my bank/credit card details?

10 Comments

no, you're safe

kemot1984;2253020

no, you're safe

as above :thumbsup:

Original Poster

are you 100% sure?

UFK;2253032

are you 100% sure?

Yes paypal is secure

Banned

Paypal and scamming, don't be so ridiculous!

They can't take more than you send, nor do they have access to your bank account or credit card details. There are many loopholes but most of these affect the seller. If you are a buyer, just make sure the person you are paying is verified and you should be fine.

the only people that tend to take more money out of your account than you expected when you use paypal is paypal! Robbing swines - very little alternative at the moment though - especially if your an ebayer.

edit - yeah should have read your post my moaning is really only from a sellers point of view.

Only way you can get scammed is if they dont send the item and by the time you realise they have emptied their account, or send you a item with tracking details that isnt like what they described.

Original Poster

Well I sent £4 to someone but didn't get it back. Not really bothered about the couple of quid but just wanna make sure that they can't take more money out or even get any bank/card details

no, you're safe. paypal is great for buyers, but unfortunately very bad for sellers

Original Poster

Cool, Thanks guys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions