If milk is so cheap why is butter so expensive?

Found 6th Sep 2015
Community Updates
AskButter
15 Comments
1kg Lurpak for £4. That's pretty cheap.

Have you ever tried to make butter? You don't get a lot of butter from a pint of milk.
They take the butter from a better class of cows.
Original Poster
To answer my own question. I discovered that it is made from cream not milk.
I win, well Google does.
redcantona

To answer my own question. I discovered that it is made from cream not … To answer my own question. I discovered that it is made from cream not milk.I win, well Google does.

so cream is not made from milk?
Original Poster
mutley1

so cream is not made from milk?

Yes, but only 4% of milk is cream so you need lots of it.
For anyone interested. Make you own.
I'm gonna try it tomorrow.
redcantona

Yes, but only 4% of milk is cream so you need lots of it.For anyone … Yes, but only 4% of milk is cream so you need lots of it.For anyone interested. Make you own.I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

So why is chocolate so expensive when sugar and cocoa are so cheap?
Original Poster
Jonwilkie

So why is chocolate so expensive when sugar and cocoa are so cheap?

Cocoa isn't cheap.
You can get Country Life butter in Poundland nowadays and that's really nice butter (250g)
Why are trainers so expensive when they only cost a few £ to make?8)
redcantona

Yes, but only 4% of milk is cream so you need lots of it.For anyone … Yes, but only 4% of milk is cream so you need lots of it.For anyone interested. Make you own.I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

We did that long ago at primary school. It takes aaages though and your wrist will be sore. Fun to see but really not worth the effort!
I'd would mock you and the question, but as you have Cantona as your avatar I will let it go
Original Poster
therealslimkaty

We did that long ago at primary school. It takes aaages though and your … We did that long ago at primary school. It takes aaages though and your wrist will be sore. Fun to see but really not worth the effort!

​That is a question that needs answers, I suspect though that it's down to exploitation of the workforce.
Why do all these coffee chains charge 3 quid for a coffee when it surely only costs them pence? genuinely annoys me! X)
Different items get different prices based on their own markets, having nothing absolute, although there has something to do with each other.
Is this meant to be a serious question or is the op just trolling?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants