If someone bought me samsung tablet from Argos. Can I still get warrantee without receipt?

Found 1st Oct 2012
Someone bought me samsung tablet from argos which is paid by cash but the receipt was thrown away. Can I still get 1 year warrantee from Argos?

12 Comments

if u know where and when it was brought argos can go though their computers and find it dont say it was a present or they may not look for u ive done it a few times when ive lost the receipt

Your receipt is your guarantee for a year, but if you want to purchase the extra warranty, you will also need your receipt to validate when the tablet was purchased as you can do this up to 45 days from date of purchase. Hope this helps

Original Poster

So if I do not have the receipt and something go wrong with the tablet 2 months later, can I contact samsung directly to fix it for me?

Neither Argos or Samsung are obliged to do anything for you, as a third-party with no evidence of purchase. Your best bet is to ask them nicely.

Banned

mackenfy

So if I do not have the receipt and something go wrong with the tablet 2 … So if I do not have the receipt and something go wrong with the tablet 2 months later, can I contact samsung directly to fix it for me?

Samsung won't help you without a receipt.

i think u have to go to argos first and ask for a placement if under a year old but u need to ask them to find the receipt u need the date when it was brought and which store it was from if not the store u go back to

lumoruk

incorrect, the retailer must prove you didn't purchase the item from them.

I am sorry but that is completely wrong. The onus is on the customer to provide reasonable evidence of purchase. If your assertion was correct, I could steal an item from one retailer and go to another for a 'full' refund, thus I'd have no need to sell the item at a cheap price. The retailers would become my 'fence'. Ludicrous.

However, having said that I do not require a receipt for warranty or refund etc. I need reasonable evidence of purchase, e.g. a credit card slip or bank/credit card statement and so on or in the case of a cash purchase, date of purchase and approximate time In that case, the retailer would have to either accept my evidence or show the transaction was unrelated to the item in question.
Edited by: "tpol" 1st Oct 2012

Banned

yes that's why I deleted it after I couldn't find proof of what I thought was true. But I deleted over 16 minutes ago lol
Edited by: "lumoruk" 1st Oct 2012

ive been into argos before and said i could not find my receipt and they said when did u buy it and we can look on the computer system to find the proof

Original Poster

Thank you all of you so much for the help. I got one last question.

My sibling bought this tablet online. She still got an email when she bought which contain order number and the date purchase. If in the future, there is something go wrong with the tablet, can I bring the tablet with her printed email to show Argos? Will I have any problem because I was not the person who bought it? or it does not matter who bought it?

Banned

as long as it doesn't have her name on it you'll be fine. that is all the proof you need for your warranty.

mackenfy

Thank you all of you so much for the help. I got one last question.My … Thank you all of you so much for the help. I got one last question.My sibling bought this tablet online. She still got an email when she bought which contain order number and the date purchase. If in the future, there is something go wrong with the tablet, can I bring the tablet with her printed email to show Argos? Will I have any problem because I was not the person who bought it? or it does not matter who bought it?

Get a replacement receipt now, not later.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions