If there was an election soon, who would you vote for?

Banned
Brown got a fair bit of praise from his foreign counterparts this week but is still the underdog, we're approaching the conference season proper so just wondering what the mood of HUKDers was.

71 Comments

Id vote Tory, anything to get shot of Brown, shame I cant get rid of Brown and that idiot Salmond at the same time mind lol

jase.2;6409412

Id vote Tory, anything to get shot of Brown, shame I cant get rid of … Id vote Tory, anything to get shot of Brown, shame I cant get rid of Brown and that idiot Salmond at the same time mind lol

What's Brown done wrong?

Seriously, I'm just wondering your reasoning given that he seems to have a lot of respect from the other world leaders.

I would vote for jeremy clarkson :thumbsup:

I would vote Tory, Brown is a prat and we did not elect him in anyway. Should have gone to the public vote when Tony stood down.

jon1000jon;6409433

Bloody brill. I love him.:roll:

Original Poster Banned

Tanya;6409439

I would vote Tory, Brown is a prat and we did not elect him in anyway. … I would vote Tory, Brown is a prat and we did not elect him in anyway. Should have gone to the public vote when Tony stood down.

Not how our system works. You vote for your MP.

jon1000jon;6409433

Jeremy Clarkson is a cartoon character. It's a bit like Al Murray or Alf Garnett. You're not supposed to take him seriously.

Tanya;6409439

I would vote Tory, Brown is a prat and we did not elect him in anyway. … I would vote Tory, Brown is a prat and we did not elect him in anyway. Should have gone to the public vote when Tony stood down.

We didn't elect Blair either..

We shouldn't have gone to the public vote because that's not the way our electoral system works.

Honestly couldn't say.

Voting Tory would just be ridiculous on my part as anything I disagree with on the Labour side would be ten times worse with the Conservatives.

smk77;6409421

What's Brown done wrong?Seriously, I'm just wondering your reasoning … What's Brown done wrong?Seriously, I'm just wondering your reasoning given that he seems to have a lot of respect from the other world leaders.

He probably couldnt have done a worse job of managing the recession if he tried, the other world leaders dont have to live here do they so who gives a stuff about respect he has! What he did with the VAT was just silly, lots of the stores just kept the cut for themselves but I bet they they will all add it back on again in December therefore putting more pressure on high street spending.

Still could be worse he could be like Salmond letting terrorists out of prison

FilthAndFurry;6409446

Jeremy Clarkson is a cartoon character. You're not supposed to take him … Jeremy Clarkson is a cartoon character. You're not supposed to take him seriously.

What MP do you take seriously?

Original Poster Banned

jase.2;6409455

He probably couldnt have done a worse job of managing the recession if he … He probably couldnt have done a worse job of managing the recession if he tried, the other world leaders dont have to live here do they so who gives a stuff about respect he has! What he did with the VAT was just silly, lots of the stores just kept the cut for themselves but I bet they they will all add it back on again in December therefore putting more pressure on high street spending.Still could be worse he could be like Salmond letting terrorists out of prison

The VAT scheme was one of many different things he did during the economic meltdown. I think the IFS said that it did have a positive effect over the long term.

But I happen to think he did quite well on the whole thing.

smk77;6409447

We didn't elect Blair either..We shouldn't have gone to the public vote … We didn't elect Blair either..We shouldn't have gone to the public vote because that's not the way our electoral system works.

Of course we elected Blair. At the time I was one of them..

In b4 the BNP massive

Original Poster Banned

jon1000jon;6409472

What MP do you take seriously?

Vince Cable, William Hague, a few others. Clarkson is primarily an entertainer - he's a comedian.

Tanya;6409482

Technically you only voted for your own MP. It's the way our system works.

FilthAndFurry;6409499

Vince Cable, William Hague, a few others.

you take these seriously? they are just a bunch of liers atleast clarkson tells it how it is.

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="6"]VOTE CLARKSON[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Iraq & Afghanistan - Tories would have done the same thing as Labour. Lib dems might not have gone in.

Banking collapse - may even have been worse under the Tories but certainly no better.

Taxes - There has been massive investment in schools and the NHS. You only have to visit virtually any hospital or school to see this. People's perceptions are that the extra taxes etc haven't made a difference but they have. Would you have seen the same if the Tories were in power?

End of the day doesn't matter who I vote for as the Tories have an overwhelming majority in this constituency. (but I will definitely be voting - too many people have died to earn and maintain the right to vote)

Perhaps a more important question is will people vote, not who they will vote for?

I think as great as Clarkson is, he'd be in way over his head as PM!!

I decided not get involved when I saw "whats brown done wrong" have we forgotton all the things that has happened under his watch as well as B'liars 2nd term. Shambolic.

Labours legacy is their first term investment in education and NHS.

jase.2;6409455

He probably couldnt have done a worse job of managing the recession if he … He probably couldnt have done a worse job of managing the recession if he tried,the other world leaders dont have to live here do they so who gives a stuff about respect he has!

The other world leaders singled him out for his handling of the recession. They know what they are talking about. However bad you think it's been (it is a recession after all - it's not supposed to be good) it could have been a whole lot worse.

jase.2;6409455

What he did with the VAT was just silly, lots of the stores just kept the … What he did with the VAT was just silly, lots of the stores just kept the cut for themselves but I bet they they will all add it back on again in December therefore putting more pressure on high street spending.

I was in M&S yesterday. Item marked up as £29.50. It went through the till with the VAT reduction taken off.

High street spending? YOu make it out as though shops want to make it difficult for you to spend your money!

jase.2;6409455

Still could be worse he could be like Salmond letting terrorists out of … Still could be worse he could be like Salmond letting terrorists out of prison

Do you actually know anything about the case of Megrahi? There is a reasonable case that this was a miscarriage of justice. Surely it's worse to let an innocent man die in prison than allow a guilty man to die at home?

Original Poster Banned

jon1000jon;6409510

VOTE CLARKSON

Fortunately, he isn't standing:thumbsup:

Tanya;6409482

My apolgies. I didn't realise that you lived in Sedgefield.

this is going to get messy, the thread should in fact be locked. Politics and religion never discuss

Original Poster Banned

stiffnuts;6409532

I decided not get involved when I saw "whats brown done wrong" have we … I decided not get involved when I saw "whats brown done wrong" have we forgotton all the things that has happened under his watch as well as B'liars 2nd term. Shambolic.Labours legacy is their first term investment in education and NHS.

Would the tories have done anything differently?

I don't know if anyone actually wants to vote for Cameron - he's an empty suit. It's just a case of the most expedient way of changing for the sake of it.

Original Poster Banned

stiffnuts;6409550

this is going to get messy, the thread should in fact be locked. Politics … this is going to get messy, the thread should in fact be locked. Politics and religion never discuss

:? No-one has been rude, no one has taken offence.

Have faith.:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;6409556

Would the tories have done anything differently?I don't know if anyone … Would the tories have done anything differently?I don't know if anyone actually wants to vote for Cameron - he's an empty suit. It's just a case of the most expedient way of changing for the sake of it.

I disagree with you, but either way Im not getting involved :thumbsup:

gari189;6409511

Iraq & Afghanistan - Tories would have done the same thing as Labour. … Iraq & Afghanistan - Tories would have done the same thing as Labour. Lib dems might not have gone in.Banking collapse - may even have been worse under the Tories but certainly no better.Taxes - There has been massive investment in schools and the NHS. You only have to visit virtually any hospital or school to see this. People's perceptions are that the extra taxes etc haven't made a difference but they have. Would you have seen the same if the Tories were in power?End of the day doesn't matter who I vote for as the Tories have an overwhelming majority in this constituency. (but I will definitely be voting - too many people have died to earn and maintain the right to vote)Perhaps a more important question is will people vote, not who they will vote for?

Great post.

FilthAndFurry with a name like that you must be in the police and a labour supporter.

jon1000jon;6409510

you take these seriously? they are just a bunch of liers atleast … you take these seriously? they are just a bunch of liers atleast clarkson tells it how it is.[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="6"]VOTE CLARKSON[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Would that be the same Clarkson that thought that it was safe to publish his bank details?:whistling:

He is a grade one plonker.

Seriously, be careful of voting for the Tories, they ruined this country over a period of eighteen long years.:x

Original Poster Banned

Inactive;6409597

Seriously, be careful of voting for the Tories, they ruined this country … Seriously, be careful of voting for the Tories, they ruined this country over a period of eighteen long years.:x

Indeed. Turning us into a banking centre meant that we would always suffer during the worldwide economic downturn.

Even Sarkozy has denounced laissez-faire economics:w00t:

Wont be voting, I tried it once when I turned 18 and haven't voted since and doubt I ever will.

I find it hard to decide who to vote for. Find Cameron quite superior and a tad vacant, Brown, i believe, has generally done well considering the recession but suffers because of his unappealing personality. I like Nick Cegg and he comes across as a good leader but not keen on Lib Dem policies. It's a toughie (but then I live in a strong Labour area so probably makes little difference who i vote for - but I will vote).

I don't think it matters who I vote for, the media has wanted a change for quite a while and all the negative press that Brown has received will mean that Labour are out next election. Shame it isn't actually based on what's best for the country.

I would vote labour........though I do believe that they need some time out of government to regroup.My reason for voting is mainly for my local MP who I believe has been fantastic for my local area:)

Ungreat;6409449

Honestly couldn't say.Voting Tory would just be ridiculous on my part as … Honestly couldn't say.Voting Tory would just be ridiculous on my part as anything I disagree with on the Labour side would be ten times worse with the Conservatives.

+1 xx

Brown really is uncharismatic but is he any worse than any of the other Prime Ministers we've had lately?

Banned

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h28/lordbofingham/6985137e.jpghttp://www.b3tards.com/u/b7385d51d3a878f20ba8/pol_itician.jpg

We didnt elect Brown and he should have gone long ago...just my opinion

casparwhite;6410263

lol!

Love the ipod hun xx

Hope everything is going well for your Mum now xxx

ClarityofMind;6410234

+1 xxBrown really is uncharismatic but is he any worse than any of the … +1 xxBrown really is uncharismatic but is he any worse than any of the other Prime Ministers we've had lately?

Personally, I don't care about charisma. Unfortunately a lot of people relate getting the job done to how charismatic somebody is. By all accounts, Brown gets the job done, but maybe not in an excited fashion to please the papers. He will be gone whether that's good for the country or not. Some want us to believe he is doing poorly.

tbh who ever you vote for , theyll end up being hated down the line lol.

think;6410289

We didnt elect Brown and he should have gone long ago...just my opinion

An opinion or not, we do not vote in a Prime Minister, we vote in a MP and therefore a party. The party then selects who will be their figure head but decisions are still made by the Parliament as a whole and not the figure head.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764034
    2. PS4 Beta Software Version 534
    3. Pink Balls11
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963003

See more discussions