Groups

If you are allergic to cats when you are young are you alwaws allergic to them

as title really. If you have been diagnosed as being allergic to cats do you grow out of it or are you always allergic to them.

11 Comments

i was allergic to them when i was young and i aint no more, i was asthmatic when i was young and the cat hair made me have breathing difficulties and also had an asthma attack once because of a cat (That was when i found out i was allergic)that was when i was about 5 i have since been near cats and i am now 23 and had no problems, found i could go near them without their hair affecting me when i was around 14/15

Banned

I used to be allergic to airplanes but I'm not any more.

DJ1

haha whats with the passenger57 thing....that uy Dan Jackson's line!

Banned

DJ1

For reference, here is a airplane...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D99HCz5q7pY/TEec0PJPgvI/AAAAAAAAA3k/ROUwfrfW96I/s1600/airplane_in_flight.jpg

You should be fine as long as you keep the cat in the wheelie bin.

I used to be very allergic (asthma as well, etc), but after I had to live with a cat I developed a resistance and had no problems. I think the resistance disappears though if you don't have contact with a cat for a few years- that's what happened to me anyway.

Some cats have lower levels of the chemical which leads to most cat allergies in their dander so if you want a cat and are allergic try looking at Siberian cats, they might be ok for you.

Banned

My mum had cats throughout my child hood, had some allergy tests at hospital few years ago. Turns out I'm extremely allergic to dust mites and cats.

Original Poster

Thank you for all of your replies

Banned

Even mine?

Original Poster

vibeone

Even mine?

Don't expect anything else from you!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35189
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492103
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…26118
      4. What is there free to do in your town?2442

See more discussions