If you are thinking of getting strip led lighting from Banggood.......

Found 30th Nov 2017
go for it! I have bought several things from them now and have no problems at all with them. My latest purchase of led strip lighting for underneath my kitchen units has worked a treat and I am more than happy with the results.

If you are thinking about it.....do it!

2844989-Q901I.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Seems like a paid recommendation to me . For what other reason would you post this dross ?
Bit like putting lighting under your car
32609113-cKWQN.jpg

Why?
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 30th Nov 2017
53 Comments
Seems like a paid recommendation to me . For what other reason would you post this dross ?
How is it powerred?
rogparki8 m ago

Seems like a paid recommendation to me . For what other reason would you …Seems like a paid recommendation to me . For what other reason would you post this dross ?

don't be so silly, look at my other posts about this - you will see I was asking for advice a few days ago regarding it. I have also received a lot of stuff from Gearbest.

I have it powered through a smart wifi plug connected to a socket under the units. The missus doesn't seem impressed with them, or not bothered I should say lol
Edited by: "brettytopbanana" 30th Nov 2017
rogparki8 m ago

Seems like a paid recommendation to me . For what other reason would you …Seems like a paid recommendation to me . For what other reason would you post this dross ?

I should also have added that this dross might be enough for someone to decide to make the purchase from banggood, gearbest or any other chinese site. They might also be wondering what they actually look like so it isn't a case of me showing off if that is what you are thinking, it is a case of showing people what they look like when in place. Nothing more, nothing less.
Bit like putting lighting under your car
32609113-cKWQN.jpg

Why?
well why not? I mean, given that that car is absolute monstrosity and the kid standing next to it probably thinks he looks like the dogs danglies driving around, that has no relevance to by lighting under my kitchen units.
Edited by: "brettytopbanana" 30th Nov 2017
Predikuesi2 m ago

But like putting lighting under your car[Image] Why?

For when it is dark i would guess.
brettytopbanana1 m ago

well why not?

Aside from the fact it's pointless and looks ****?
spoo1 m ago

Ah each to their own. Some people pay a lot of money to have this incorporated into their kitchen when they have it designed. Unfortunately for us, when we had our house built, this was not an option at the time.
spoo2 m ago

I would be intrigued to know why you think it looks **** though?
spoo6 m ago

I like it tbh.
It isn't for everyone but then what is? Some will like it, others won't. My only reason for posting this was to help those who were considering doing it and considering buying this lighting from one of the many chinese companies that are often posted about on here.

Nothing wrong with trying to help people!
I would have personally put them under the top units so that they illuminate the worktops.

Not sure if it's just the pic you took, but they don't seem to add much light to the room in their current position.
Edited by: "RossD89" 30th Nov 2017
brettytopbanana53 s ago

It isn't for everyone but then what is? Some will like it, others won't. …It isn't for everyone but then what is? Some will like it, others won't. My only reason for posting this was to help those who were considering doing it and considering buying this lighting from one of the many chinese companies that are often posted about on here. Nothing wrong with trying to help people!

Some people just like to be negative about everything.
CoeK9 m ago

For when it is dark i would guess.

I wish someone would invent a light switch
RossD8956 s ago

I would have personally put them under the top units so that they …I would have personally put them under the top units so that they illuminate the worktops.Not sure if it's just the pic you took, but they don't seem to add much light to the room.

Possibly he already has lights there, that is where my kitchen has them but doesnt have any where he has put them.
Predikuesi1 m ago

I wish someone would invent a light switch

That might be how he switches them on and off.
CoeK2 m ago

That might be how he switches them on and off.

Nope, he uses a smart plug.
RossD894 m ago

I would have personally put them under the top units so that they …I would have personally put them under the top units so that they illuminate the worktops.Not sure if it's just the pic you took, but they don't seem to add much light to the room in their current position.

I did consider putting them under the top unit but there are two reasons why I didn't.
The first was that it would have been a lot more fiddly due to the lack of length of the units and so, it would have taken more led strips plus I already have light there that came with the kitchen. Not a huge issue but one that I did think about.

The second was powering them and hiding all of the power cables. As they are not powered by a main light switch and run from a socket and a smart wifi plug, I would have had cables that I would have struggled to hide.

They do add quite a bit of light so I guess that the pic does not do them justice but I didn't want them too overpowering.
Predikuesi1 m ago

Correct. I have them linked up with a smart plug where I have put them on a timer using my phone. I also control them using my echo dot.
Predikuesi2 m ago

i guess we will just have to hope that some day someone invents a light switch.
CoeK6 m ago

Possibly he already has lights there, that is where my kitchen has them …Possibly he already has lights there, that is where my kitchen has them but doesnt have any where he has put them.

Then I feel the bottom strip lights would be redundant.

But it's not my kitchen and as OP says "each to their own"

I'm not criticising by the way, OP, it does look quite nice, but I'm just thinking of the practical use.
For the price you pay for the reels you’re not getting robbed but be warned, some of the cheaper strips use really low quality led’s that aren’t matched up and are varying tones of white – they also have a habit of failing in short order especially if you’re driving them with a straight 12 volts without a controller.

I have the 50cm warm white rigid strips with aluminium hosing & white lenses in my kitchen as under cabinet lighting, I bought them from Banggood and use them with one of those cheap sub £1 inline controllers with remote. I paid like £6 for 4 and they’ve been on non-stop for 2.5 years at a low level without issue (with a quality branded 12v power supply) The only problem I had was the strips weren’t matched, two of them were fine but the other two were warmer in colour, not ideal if you’re cutting to size and only find out once you’ve fitted them and compare them side by side.
All you need now is a spoiler on the Fridge.
RossD892 m ago

Then I feel the bottom strip lights would be redundant.But it's not my …Then I feel the bottom strip lights would be redundant.But it's not my kitchen and as OP says "each to their own" I'm not criticising by the way, OP, it does look quite nice, but I'm just thinking of the practical use.

It is more about giving the kitchen a bit of feature lighting as opposed to being something that is used if that makes sense. I have always liked it but never had it professionally installed and so, I thought this was a great way to test the water without spending a fortune. In fact, the whole setup cost me under £30 which includes the smart plug and the lighting. The same strips from B&Q would have cost over £180
RossD893 m ago

Then I feel the bottom strip lights would be redundant.But it's not my …Then I feel the bottom strip lights would be redundant.But it's not my kitchen and as OP says "each to their own" I'm not criticising by the way, OP, it does look quite nice, but I'm just thinking of the practical use.

I obviously don't know what his kitchen is like but in mine the lights mostly light the counter tops, the ceiling lights light the rest of the room. But i don't like the ceiling lights and never use them so would see a point in using this kind of thing in my kitchen.
freakstyler5 m ago

For the price you pay for the reels you’re not getting robbed but be w …For the price you pay for the reels you’re not getting robbed but be warned, some of the cheaper strips use really low quality led’s that aren’t matched up and are varying tones of white – they also have a habit of failing in short order especially if you’re driving them with a straight 12 volts without a controller. I have the 50cm warm white rigid strips with aluminium hosing & white lenses in my kitchen as under cabinet lighting, I bought them from Banggood and use them with one of those cheap sub £1 inline controllers with remote. I paid like £6 for 4 and they’ve been on non-stop for 2.5 years at a low level without issue (with a quality branded 12v power supply) The only problem I had was the strips weren’t matched, two of them were fine but the other two were warmer in colour, not ideal if you’re cutting to size and only find out once you’ve fitted them and compare them side by side.

I completely agree with you about the price of the reels. I paid 85p for 5m which at that price I could not turn down. What the quality is like over time I do not know and if they only last a few months then so be it.
Thanks for your post btw @brettytopbanana . Moving house in just over a week and the kitchen needs updating so I might have a look at these
RossD894 m ago

Thanks for your post btw @brettytopbanana . Moving house in just over a …Thanks for your post btw @brettytopbanana . Moving house in just over a week and the kitchen needs updating so I might have a look at these

Thanks for your response, this is why I started the post in he first place!
My other half might like these actually, she often needs a midnight snack, who needs a big light in the middle of the night?
brettytopbanana36 m ago

It isn't for everyone but then what is?

Oxygen, water, food, beef Space Raiders
brettytopbanana25 m ago

I completely agree with you about the price of the reels. I paid 85p for …I completely agree with you about the price of the reels. I paid 85p for 5m which at that price I could not turn down. What the quality is like over time I do not know and if they only last a few months then so be it.

All that time and research on fitting them , shoulda spent a bit more imo. Good luck and hope they last.
4 months mine lasted, much longer that the Chinese until dispatch warranty.
perfect for finding dust close to the base of cupboard units - well done!
davewave1 m ago

perfect for finding dust close to the base of cupboard units - well done!

they are fitted to the actual units so will gather dust in the same way that the units did - well done!
Dannyrobbo11 m ago

4 months mine lasted, much longer that the Chinese until dispatch warranty.

to be honest, if mine lasted four months, it would not bother me. I was reading reviews of the B&Q ones and some of them were awful. As with everything, there is good and bad but the lights cost me a total of £2.55 - so if they packed in, they cost me very little.
brettytopbanana5 m ago

to be honest, if mine lasted four months, it would not bother me. I was …to be honest, if mine lasted four months, it would not bother me. I was reading reviews of the B&Q ones and some of them were awful. As with everything, there is good and bad but the lights cost me a total of £2.55 - so if they packed in, they cost me very little.

It was more the frustration, they were installed at height and it was a bit of a nightmare ripping them out to put some decent ones in.
Dannyrobbo4 m ago

It was more the frustration, they were installed at height and it was a …It was more the frustration, they were installed at height and it was a bit of a nightmare ripping them out to put some decent ones in.

yeah I completely understand that. That is one of the reasons why I have kept my installation simple. if they pack in, I can replace them easily with new ones or if I dont want them I can take them out without having to make good any of the kitchen.
You gotta love HUKD, someone posts something that's a little different from the usual clones and gets ripped for it.....
andymagic9 m ago

You gotta love HUKD, someone posts something that's a little different …You gotta love HUKD, someone posts something that's a little different from the usual clones and gets ripped for it.....

Some people are just narrow minded I guess. I also assume that their lives are very, very empty.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants