If you cant beat them join em - Argos uses ebay

14 replies
Found 2nd Mar 2009
Well i never !!! who would have thought it!!!! (and it is officially argos)

Link below:

14 Comments

its not officially argos.

magicbeans;4532408

its not officially argos.

You think?

Original Poster

Yes it is, it says on their me page

"Who Are We?

Clearance Bargains is a trading name, and the official clearance operation, for Argos Ltd.

The Clearance Bargains operation is fully owned and managed by Argos, but as the shopping experience and product availability is very different from our parent stores, we trade under the Clearance Bargains brand in order to minimise confusion"

They would have been shutdown as soon as they opened if they were claiming this and it wasnt genuine

Whoever they are they're doing well!

Original Poster

Abvance;4532509

Whoever they are they're doing well!

They are "Argos"

Sloth/Mod

Argos have a lot of sister companies............this is just one of them.

Syzable;4532617

Argos have a lot of sister companies............this is just one of them. … Argos have a lot of sister companies............this is just one of them.

Always the man in the know

They have been on Ebay since 2002 you are a bit behind the times :oops:

They also have Clearance Bargain stores dotted around the UK

deanos;4533357

They have been on Ebay since 2002 you are a bit behind the times … They have been on Ebay since 2002 you are a bit behind the times :oops:They also have Clearance Bargain stores dotted around the UK

yeah why settle for 1 way to P off people when they can use lots

Banned

A lot of companies use ebay, I think even Comet does or used to... Its a good way for them to sell stock that they cant really do in their stores, e.g stuff where the boxes are damaged, returns

The prices of their refurbished Ds Lite look pretty good
video-games.shop.ebay.co.uk/ite…282

Theyre probably not really refurbished though probably just customer returns with damaged boxes, etc

theres a one where i live sells all of argos old stock off its great get some fab bargains

Clearance bargains is owned by Argos. The receipts also have argos head office info on them. They stock end of catalogue goods at low prices. About a month ago I ought a tv with dvd and vcr combi for £40 (£150 in catalogue), usually have good deals on lcd tvs etc and tents and furniture. Also have phones and other electrical goods. Would highly recommend visiting the shop if near you especially at xmas time for toys etc.

sumoqueen;4534484

Clearance bargains is owned by Argos. The receipts also have argos head … Clearance bargains is owned by Argos. The receipts also have argos head office info on them. They stock end of catalogue goods at low prices. About a month ago I ought a tv with dvd and vcr combi for £40 (£150 in catalogue), usually have good deals on lcd tvs etc and tents and furniture. Also have phones and other electrical goods. Would highly recommend visiting the shop if near you especially at xmas time for toys etc.

Dont count on getting a bargain in there tho, always check Argos prices, i nearly got a twin portable DVD player they were selling them in HB for £99 but only £75 for a new one in Argos so alwats check prices :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    2. spam regarding paypal33
    3. Best tablet around the £60 mark66
    4. Advice on 8" Tablet11

See more discussions