If you got paid 15k how much would you get a month after tax?

16 replies
Found 26th Jul 2008
im trying to workout how much i would be able to afford for rent if i got a 15k job.

Thanks

16 Comments

take off about 25% and that should be tax and NI.

Original Poster

ok so that like 900 pounds a month that would be ok for like £360 rent a month, leaving enough to live on

REDRANGER86;2609754

ok so that like 900 pounds a month that would be ok for like £360 rent a … ok so that like 900 pounds a month that would be ok for like £360 rent a month, leaving enough to live on

Truthfully only you can answer that.

However, don't forget other bills (car insurance, mobil phone bill etc). Whatever you've got left after all of those, divide it by 4 (or 5 depending on how often you'll get paid) and then ask yourself if that's enough for you to live on each week.

Original Poster

midlandscomics;2609773

Truthfully only you can answer that.However, don't forget other bills … Truthfully only you can answer that.However, don't forget other bills (car insurance, mobil phone bill etc). Whatever you've got left after all of those, divide it by 4 (or 5 depending on how often you'll get paid) and then ask yourself if that's enough for you to live on each week.

yea thanks for your help. much appreciated

The ]Salary Calculator is a good place for working stuff like salaries out
According to that, you should get £1003.13 take home each month

Dont forget to consider if your paying into a pension for your job as well. Depending on what the job is the pension may be really good but you could be paying around £50-£100 a month into it.

boydent999;2610054

The ]Salary Calculator is a good place for working stuff like salaries … The ]Salary Calculator is a good place for working stuff like salaries out :)According to that, you should get £1003.13 take home each month

That's actually a really useful tool :thumbsup:

boydent999;2610054

The ]Salary Calculator is a good place for working stuff like salaries … The ]Salary Calculator is a good place for working stuff like salaries out :)According to that, you should get £1003.13 take home each month

very good

boydent999;2610054

Very Good :thumbsup:

Any student loans?

Don't forget council tax, thieving gits

Original Poster

vbeardmore;2610335

Any student loans?

yesh :x loads of them

peodude;2610413

Don't forget council tax, thieving gits

and yea :x :x :x

the way prices are goin up u will have about 50 left a month

im sure you will be able to afford that rent fine. Just be careful with your outgoings for the first couple of months until you get used to your money, i.e. dont go pay for things you dont have to such as full sky package with movies/sports, etc.

Try this : listentotaxman.com/ind…=wk

I have another good site saved on the PC which I'll try to find.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564119
    2. Lower car insurance32
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247585
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...1619

See more discussions