Groups
    EXPIRED

if you had 2 equally great job offers, would you toss a coin to decide?

Banned
    Without going into any detail...If you had 2 equally great job offers. You told both bosses you will decide on Monday.

Also, same industry, city, equally interesting teams to work with, equally ambitious bosses to work under, both matched the best offer you had received, both had offered good growth prospects if you worked hard and got results, if you felt equally excited about both jobs, and knew that both offered you a path to a solid future...

Would you toss a coin?

50 Comments

Pros & cons of both

Banned

Without going into detail.

If you cannot decide which job is best for you.. then you probably do not deserve either

No, I would ask the people working there and get the truth out of them.

Original Poster Banned

YouDontWantToKnow

Without going into detail.If you cannot decide which job is best for … Without going into detail.If you cannot decide which job is best for you.. then you probably do not deserve either

Harsh, but probably true. Decision day is Monday.

Original Poster Banned

Mikeygolfgt

No, I would ask the people working there and get the truth out of them.

Mikey, been to the pub with those I know who work in both for an honest appraisal of the working environment, again very similar as both are rivals.

Original Poster Banned

Having lunch and coffee with a few people with more experience than me...will get their thoughts and perspectives, it might help..

I would go to the one nearest home, traffic is a nightmare these days and breathing in all those petrol and particularly diesel fumes in traffic jams is detrimental to your health. Greatly increased risk of cancer!.
    Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 27th Jan

I'd look at the package on offer. They won't be identical.

Original Poster Banned

nbgrobbo

I'd look at the package on offer. They won't be identical.

Base pay same, bonus difference of 10% vs 8%, medical/dental same. Holidays similar. Not seeing any material difference. It's not a decision about the money this one...

you might as well because even though theyve offered you the job , it doesnt mean the job will be there in say 3 months

whatever higher up spoke slower, generally the faster ones ask you to do stuff and you will say ok on impulse not thinking...don't have that problem? then idk.
    whichever one has more/less attractive staff? can be a gift and a curse

Banned

jaydalawd

whatever higher up spoke slower, generally the faster ones ask you to do … whatever higher up spoke slower, generally the faster ones ask you to do stuff and you will say ok on impulse not thinking...don't have that problem? then idk.whichever one has more/less attractive staff? can be a gift and a curse

Totally lost

you don't have either problem I'm assuming then X) yep get the coin out best of 3

smiler594

Base pay same, bonus difference of 10% vs 8%, medical/dental same. … Base pay same, bonus difference of 10% vs 8%, medical/dental same. Holidays similar. Not seeing any material difference. It's not a decision about the money this one...

Pension provision?

The one thsts nearest

Error440

The one thsts nearest

Agree with this. Easier commute is easier life. Don't live too close though as then you'll be that guy who has to go into the office to sort something on a Sunday cause it's just round the corner

Which is the leader in the market? anyway if one company doesn't suit your needs then you could always move to the other.

As said above go for the one that's closest to home or faster to get to.

Never worked for either but I think Burger King will offer less realistic opportunities than McDonalds

Are you starting at the bottom - sweeping floors/cleaning tables by chance?

Check their company accounts - beta.companieshouse.gov.uk

Do they have contracts with other companies? If so, whose clients look best?

I'd wait outside at closing time and see the kinds of people walking out

Think about which one will most likely give you the opportunity to progress. if one is more family owned then there may be less chance of progression. Also if one is closer or offers more flexible hours if you have children or sick family this can be so helpful.

bosses to work under

Whichever ones better looking

Both firms will have a weasly, back-stabbing, tale telling, bitter employee, who'll make you wish you'd gone to the other job. That's always been my experience.

Original Poster Banned

philphil61

Never worked for either but I think Burger King will offer less realistic … Never worked for either but I think Burger King will offer less realistic opportunities than McDonaldsAre you starting at the bottom - sweeping floors/cleaning tables by chance?

Yes. You might consider it a promotion from sweeping floors to waiting tables I've worked in McDonalds before when I was 18. Good honest work.

Original Poster Banned

nbgrobbo

Pension provision?

Similar. Not a material package difference. Think the best solution is getting advice from those more experienced than me in the field. Doing that today and tomorrow. D day is Monday.

Original Poster Banned

Mikeygolfgt

Which is the leader in the market? anyway if one company doesn't suit … Which is the leader in the market? anyway if one company doesn't suit your needs then you could always move to the other.As said above go for the one that's closest to home or faster to get to.

Thank you Mikey

Bstard

Both firms will have a weasly, back-stabbing, tale telling, bitter … Both firms will have a weasly, back-stabbing, tale telling, bitter employee, who'll make you wish you'd gone to the other job. That's always been my experience.

They're called "people" and they are everywhere I'm afraid. I work from home so I don't get that problem.

Original Poster Banned

benjammin316

I'd wait outside at closing time and see the kinds of people walking out

Haha good one!

I wouldn't toss a coin no, I would look into little things like location, parking/commuting, and which job had the nearest kfc.

I would check Companies House and analyse their returns, and look on sites like Glassdoor to get a better feel of the culture. Finally I would compare the HR recruitment process of the two, if one has too many hoops to jump through its a sign that the HR dept are too powerful and to be avoided.

Dry runs at peak hour to and from each office....closest / easiest one wins! Had to turn down a dream job once as rush hour turned a 40 minute drive into a 2 hour each way commute

Banned

Go with your gut instinct with which one you feel will offer you the best potential to succeed. 'The one that's nearest' is a soft option. If you truly can't decide speak to both and explain your predicament. It might open up light between the two. Financial info on both is sound advise. Look at the growth of each company over the last 5 years.

try glass door to see reviews from others about the company

Closest one then if that's the only difference.
    I find it hard to believe both are pretty much identical.

dtovey89

I find it hard to believe both are pretty much identical.

Agreed, I suspect a serious case of procrastination

Original Poster Banned

dtovey89

Closest one then if that's the only difference.I find it hard to believe … Closest one then if that's the only difference.I find it hard to believe both are pretty much identical.

They aren't. One is smaller in size. One is bigger. Both are rivals. Bigger one isn't less agile. Smaller one has slightly different range of products. Both compete in the same market. Both are doing well and growing over the past 5 years.

Original Poster Banned

Going to have lunch and coffee today with Managers in both places. Will decide Monday.

smiler594

They aren't. One is smaller in size. One is bigger. Both are rivals. … They aren't. One is smaller in size. One is bigger. Both are rivals. Bigger one isn't less agile. Smaller one has slightly different range of products. Both compete in the same market. Both are doing well and growing over the past 5 years.

What is it they do?
    You may wish to consider the size of the company and any potential outcome when Britain eventually leaves the EU/activates Article 50.

Original Poster Banned

dtovey89

What is it they do?You may wish to consider the size of the company and … What is it they do?You may wish to consider the size of the company and any potential outcome when Britain eventually leaves the EU/activates Article 50.

Impact of Brexit already being felt. Bigger co moving part of its staff to Poland.

Original Poster Banned

Saturn

In your case, I would choose the one with the lowest expectation of you … In your case, I would choose the one with the lowest expectation of you having to take responsibility for using your own judgement to make a decision. *And the one that will allow you to continue your recent interest in posting comments on Misc about Israel, Palestine and Tottenham. COYS!!!

Haha Saturn, I don't think I'll have time to post on here as regular as before when on on the new job. May limit it to a weekly COYS!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1317
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1520
      3. Spotify Family Premium share512
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?914

See more discussions