If you have sky, how much would they charge for a sky+ box

17 replies
Found 31st Jan 2010
My gf parents has had Sky in the house for years, what would they charge for a SKY+ box?

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
16 Comments

Original Poster

Not HD, just normal +

Banned

[url]www.sky.com[/url]

probably nothing if they phoned up to 'cancel'

They quoted me a fewweeks back about £160....I then phoned back and said I wanted to leave as never get a chance to watch anything as not in at the right times.....they then offered it to us for £40 installed. We took it, although I think if we'd carried it on and said we couldn't aford it they would have done it for free:thumbsup:
Don't make a half hearted effort tho...they have that enough and won't fall for it:-D

Original Poster

csiman;7711040

[url]www.sky.com[/url]

Very clever, your so useful you really are.

How about, its in her dads name who is very busy so no point him ringing up if its a stupid amount that they wouldnt bother with.

Original Poster

hannah19790;7711065

They quoted me a fewweeks back about £160....I then phoned back and said … They quoted me a fewweeks back about £160....I then phoned back and said I wanted to leave as never get a chance to watch anything as not in at the right times.....they then offered it to us for £40 installed. We took it, although I think if we'd carried it on and said we couldn't aford it they would have done it for free:thumbsup: Don't make a half hearted effort tho...they have that enough and won't fall for it:-D

Thats for that, a useful answer.

i got told 49.50 but said seen in morrisons display for 19.99,would not budge so said canncell my acount , ho we will give you it free now . or say you are going over to virgin

they'd almost certainly get it free, especially if they live in a DSO area. they might not even need to cancel but if they are in a DSO area its always best to start off with the "we mostly watch stuff we could get on freeview but we always miss our favourite programs because we can't tape them" they'll then offer sky+ (or HD) at a discount price and if you don't cave they'll give it free (including install)

Original Poster

dell7419;7711108

or say you are going over to virgin

That wont work, they cant get virgin, haha. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, i just wanted a rough price.

Original Poster

wolf359;7711131

they'd almost certainly get it free, especially if they live in a DSO … they'd almost certainly get it free, especially if they live in a DSO area. they might not even need to cancel but if they are in a DSO area its always best to start off with the "we mostly watch stuff we could get on freeview but we always miss our favourite programs because we can't tape them" they'll then offer sky+ (or HD) at a discount price and if you don't cave they'll give it free (including install)

DSO?

the__mayster;7711155

DSO?

Digital switch over basically areas that have analogue turned off now

Original Poster

Marty1981;7711286

Digital switch over basically areas that have analogue turned off now

Ah, theirs switches off in march but i installed a aerial for them yesterday and they can get it now.

the__mayster;7711084

Thats for that, a useful answer.

Ur welcome hun, good luck:thumbsup:

the__mayster;7711308

Ah, theirs switches off in march but i installed a aerial for them … Ah, theirs switches off in march but i installed a aerial for them yesterday and they can get it now.

then they're in a DSO area. mines the same switchover date. people in a DSO area have much more latitude in getting a deal as sky are afraid of losing too many people to freeview. DSO customers can also get multi-room lite for a fiver as long as they don't have movies or sport

BTW sky have phased out sky+ boxes and you now get the HD box but don't have to take out the HD subscription

the__mayster;7711135

That wont work, they cant get virgin, haha. :thumbsup:

but sky dont now that, i can not get virgin but use them to bargain against
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247554
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    4. 5am gym crew20137

See more discussions