Groups

If your surname had a negative connotation would you change it?

Basically, my girlfriend's friend at work has a friend who has recently divorced. She wants to convert her surname back to her maiden name Hindley.

The friend jokingly asked her if she is a relative of Myra Hindley. Surprisingly the lady replied that she was her cousin (or something along those lines). Talk about an awkward situation huh?

So - would you change your surname if someone in your family had done something terrible?

Also, would you consider changing it if you shared it with someone who had done something terrible but wasn't a relative, i.e. Hasslehoff. I mean Hitler.

48 Comments

No /thread

Banned

My full name is Mark Dirty-Peedo.

Yeah sure it has negative connotations, but at least its double-barrelled.

My father in law looks like Harold Shipman, I mean ridiculously like Harold Shipman. That's probably worse.

Solly Shimshillewitz

Put my car in a garage to be serviced one day. When I phoned later that day to find out if they'd finished it and I could collect it, the grunt on the other end of the phone put his hand over the receiver and I could here him shouting across the workshop as to whether my car was ready - then heard a few of them making fun of my surname. Needless to say, I wasn't best pleased.
    (from Skip Chaser)

Original Poster

sancho1983

My father in law looks like Harold Shipman, I mean ridiculously like … My father in law looks like Harold Shipman, I mean ridiculously like Harold Shipman. That's probably worse.

At least he could just go as himself at fancy dress parties.

Banned

could be worst, your surname could be "whatsthepoint" and how stupid would you feel then

Not as bad as Mr. Peacock and his missus calling their baby boy Drew!

They didn't even change it when they realised. Poor ****.

thesun.co.uk/sol…ece

I have the surnname Bird, and wouldn't change for the world!

CyDoNiA

Not as bad as Mr. Peacock and his missus calling their baby boy Drew!They … Not as bad as Mr. Peacock and his missus calling their baby boy Drew!They didn't even change it when they realised. Poor ****.http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article95505.ece

That story is nonsense, if you search 'Drew Peacock' it doesn't say "did you mean 'droopy cock'

birdyboyuk

I have the surnname Bird, and wouldn't change for the world!

Haven't you heard?

If my name was Wayne Carr I'd be thinking about it.

sancho1983

My father in law looks like Harold Shipman, I mean ridiculously like … My father in law looks like Harold Shipman, I mean ridiculously like Harold Shipman. That's probably worse.

Does he live in/near Nottingham? I'm sure I saw Harold Shipman there 3 years ago (after his "death").

It sometimes depends on the initial letter of the first name.

eg Robert Stornaway
    or Terry Watt

are both OK until you use just the initial letter.

joeymcjoe

Does he live in/near Nottingham? I'm sure I saw Harold Shipman there 3 … Does he live in/near Nottingham? I'm sure I saw Harold Shipman there 3 years ago (after his "death").

He doesn't, but his son (my brother-in-law) does. So it may very well have been him

i like being richard (dick) large!:D

sancho1983

That story is nonsense, if you search 'Drew Peacock' it doesn't say "did … That story is nonsense, if you search 'Drew Peacock' it doesn't say "did you mean 'droopy cock'

Errrrmmmm? All I said was that was a story about someone supposidly calling their kid Drew Peacock.

CyDoNiA

Not as bad as Mr. Peacock and his missus calling their baby boy Drew!They … Not as bad as Mr. Peacock and his missus calling their baby boy Drew!They didn't even change it when they realised. Poor ****.http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article95505.ece

o joy they're from the same town as me....says alot for us round here haha

cannyscot It sometimes depends on the initial letter of the first name.eg … cannyscot It sometimes depends on the initial letter of the first name.eg Robert Stornaway or Terry Wattare both OK until you use just the initial letter.

or R Soul

CyDoNiA

Errrrmmmm? All I said was that was a story about someone supposidly … Errrrmmmm? All I said was that was a story about someone supposidly calling their kid Drew Peacock.

I know, I was pointing out the stupidity of the Sun/couple. Not you

Banned

greg_68

I seriously know someone called Wayne King.

PS what if your surname was Kerr?

i know a bloke called willie tees

vibeone

My full name is Mark Dirty-Peedo.Yeah sure it has negative connotations, … My full name is Mark Dirty-Peedo.Yeah sure it has negative connotations, but at least its double-barrelled.

Ha Ha your name sounds like you urinated in your swimming shorts Ha Ha
    Edited by: "sven256" 11th May 2011

an old army mate was called Anthony ( peeda ) Fildes... his brother was lovingly named by his parents Peter Fildes ... NO JOKE!!!! how wrong can you get??

also went to school with a Theresa Greene ... some parents are proper nasty !

My wife used to look after a kid called Douglas Douglas

my surname before it was changed was jessica fuks! polish geand father, we changed it by deed pole to fewkes! i know you want the proof, give me a couple days to scan it x

I know somebody called Wayne Kerr

inb4 Mike Hunt

worked with a tom watt once lol

greg_68

Funny you should say that we use this company's equipment (no Homo)

Edited by: "trog0" 12th May 2011

bluejoff1

my surname before it was changed was jessica fuks! polish geand father, … my surname before it was changed was jessica fuks! polish geand father, we changed it by deed pole to fewkes! i know you want the proof, give me a couple days to scan it x

Eh? Thats just as bad!

Tis worse I knew of a Iwona Wanke yes actual name..

I know a girl called Rosie Butt who changed her name by Deed Poll on her 18th birthday. Her father thought it would be 'character building'. It wasn't.

sancho1983

Haven't you heard?

Math shows the The Bird IS equal to or greater than the Word.

Edited by: "phil001" 12th May 2011

Banned

Used to be an irish homosexual in our work calle Pat Mcgroin.

I used to know someone call Richard Head who changed his name to Richard Woolhead.

He was a complete Richard Head as well.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/bluejess1/100_1040.jpg
    I told you, changed it to fewkes

imagine that in the social security? JESSIA FUKS!!

Banned

bluejoff1

I told you, changed it to fewkes

Lovely breasts Jessica.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/bluejess1/Copyofschools.jpg

naughty fuks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124