IGN copying hotukdeals gaming deals and not giving credit

Found 5th Dec 2017
Exact deals posted by users here are being plagarized by IGN not just once but multiple different articles with deals. Without giving any credit to the user
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I envy your life if this is worrying you.
Its a collective effort made by the community, credit should be given
bryanhaines39920 m ago

Have you contacted the police yet?

Yes I put a message in a bottle.
20 Comments
I envy your life if this is worrying you.
Its a collective effort made by the community, credit should be given
instead of passing it on in an article as your own work
Do you have any examples we can compare?
Who cares, people often post stuff on here plagarised from elsewhere. If people benefit then whats the issue. Its only a deal.
Plenty of people on here do it
Phowar the HUKD elite will be out the ivory towers heading straight for IGN with a demand for cash!
Who are IGN?
How very dare they. I mean, the shops that HUKD users have access to are only for HUKD users. No one else could possibly look in them and find the same deals by chance. They must have scammed their way in.
bryanhaines39920 m ago

Yes I put a message in a bottle.
I think the point might be that HUKD users post these deals to help others out, whereas someone at IGN is meant to be writing their own articles as it’s their job, but instead they’re copying someone else’s ‘work’, which seems a bit wrong to me, but hey, just my opinion
Next someone will tell us there are paid for ads on here by mods etc that are found deals.
hgraham414 m ago

I think the point might be that HUKD users post these deals to help others …I think the point might be that HUKD users post these deals to help others out, whereas someone at IGN is meant to be writing their own articles as it’s their job, but instead they’re copying someone else’s ‘work’, which seems a bit wrong to me, but hey, just my opinion

Perhaps somebody visited the IGN website, saw the deals and then posted them on here.

All without giving credit to IGN
I wouldn't worry too much about it. They're both international media companies whose primary income is from advertising products and collecting referral revenue from purchases. Until the day comes that either company offers financial rewards to those who share deals on the site, I don't think any users are really losing out on anything by not being credited.
I have seen some posts also on eurogamer.
RossD892 h, 12 m ago

Perhaps somebody visited the IGN website, saw the deals and then posted …Perhaps somebody visited the IGN website, saw the deals and then posted them on here.All without giving credit to IGN

Yeah except the article was made days/weeks after the deals were posted here
deleted1431257
Agharta5 h, 56 m ago

Who are IGN?

One of the most visited websites worldwide.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions