IGN have acquired Humble Bundle

Editor 13
Found 13th Oct 2017
2812411-TdLKl.jpg
I'm not really sure I like this news...at all.

IGN have reportedly purchased Humble Bundle. The details are a little sketchy at the moment, but this is what has been said so far...

“If it’s not broken, don’t fix it,” said Mitch Galbraith – IGN executive VP – who explained that IGN started looking to make a deal like this nearly a year ago. “The idea is just to feed them with the resources they need to keep doing what they’re doing.” “We want to stick to the fundamentals in the short term. We don’t want to disrupt anything we’re doing right already,” added John Graham, the Humble Bundle cofounder. “Because of the shared vision and overlap of our customer bases, there’s going to be a lot of opportunities.”

[Credit: PlayStation Lifestyle]

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Original Poster Editor

The news isn't being taken very well on Twitter.

So no free games anymore(annoyed)

the new IGN bundle for only $15 featuring mass effect, mass effect 2 and mass effect 3, or $100 for all the dlc.

basically humblebundle in 3 years time.

ask me how I know this?
I have 2020 vision

oh no.

look on the bright side guys, alot of the bumbles will now contain 10/10 games!

Is that a rumbling??????

Ah no it's just humble bundle going down hill....

Original Poster Editor

catbeans19 m ago

look on the bright side guys, alot of the bumbles will now contain 10/10 …look on the bright side guys, alot of the bumbles will now contain 10/10 games!

brilliant.

I'm pleased for them.

I think, one day, historians will look back at HumbleBundle and credit it as being one of the key factors in saving, and bringing about a golden era in PC gaming. They seemed to strike at just a perfect time, coming to the fore at the time when PCs had finally become stable, reliable, and decent long-term investments (in fact, your 2011-era i5 2500k is still a decent CPU today, and Win7 remains the most widely-used OS), when consoles had fallen badly behind (the Xbox 360 had been out some 6 years by that point), and when after a difficult few years with some ridiculous DRM, PC Gaming was finally starting to get a bit more sensible.

They helped kill piracy. I know I haven't really pirated anything since HumbleBundle kicked off. Haven't needed to, because they make games so cheap. They're probably responsible for getting tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people in to PC gaming as paying customers. Their Pay What You Want model has gone on to be copied in creative industries across the world. Their massive discounts on older games has changed how PC games are sold, with it now being a regular thing to massively cut the prices of games that have past their prime, for one last major cash-in.

They've had an enormous and incredibly positive impact, to the benefit of everyone. So I'm glad they've sold out to a company which can give them enough money that they need never work again. They totally deserve it.

HumbleBundle's good as ****** now, though. Let's hope another company comes along to take up their mantle.
Edited by moderator: "removed swear" 14th Oct 2017

Hmmmm, guess time will tell and all that but this feels ominous... Hopefully it works out well for HB, IGN, their parent companies and us...

Here is what Jim Sterling had to say about it...

I wonder if they're going to put out a good bundle this week for PR purposes, guess we'll see in 10 mins

Rubisco27 m ago

I wonder if they're going to put out a good bundle this week for PR …I wonder if they're going to put out a good bundle this week for PR purposes, guess we'll see in 10 mins

Looks decent to me, even if Armello may not justify top tier on its own. I'd post the deal if I wasn't on mobile at the moment.

Illusionary6 m ago

Looks decent to me, even if Armello may not justify top tier on its own. …Looks decent to me, even if Armello may not justify top tier on its own. I'd post the deal if I wasn't on mobile at the moment.

Already have most of it myself, I think a lot of it has been in the monthlies, no wonder the BTA is so low.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants