Groups

Ikea bed help

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Malm bed range- I've bought what I think is the King Size bed- it is advertised as 160 by 200 cm but the dimensions given in the catalogue are actually a little bigger than that. I am confused whether I need the 160 by 200cm mattress, or if the frame is actually that dimension then I would need a smaller mattress surely.

Does anyone have this bed and if so what size mattress do you have? I'm so confused!!

8 Comments

had this with my bed from ikea the 160 by 200cm is the size for the mattress. the other dimensions mentioned Length: 210 cm Width: 176 cm is the size of the bed frame.

Assembled size Length: 210 cmWidth: 196 cmFootboard height: 30 … Assembled size Length: 210 cmWidth: 196 cmFootboard height: 30 cmHeadboard height: 77 cmMattress length: 200 cmMattress width: 180 cm

We have 2 Malm double beds in our house and cos the measurements are "swedish" you really need to buy the Ikea mattress to go with it rather than a normal "english" mattress:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cheers guys, rep given.
    Annoyingly though it means that when we bought the double bed we had the correct size- we took it back and got a king instead cos we thought the 140x200 was the frame and so it would be too small for us, gahhh. Ikea makes me cry!

I usually read the catalogie online before an Ikea experience and note down all the product details, have the Malm drawers, cheap but solid and really easy to put together

I have an Ikea king sized bed and it limits you to Ikea covers and sheets as it's bigger than a normal king.

I'd take it back if I could:oops:

Original Poster

Oh dear, this is such a headache. I think we're going to go back AGAIN and swap it for a double, so annoying that we had the right one to start with!!

TBH we have an ikea SuperKing frame and run a standard Superking mattress that isn't from Ikea, the mattress just has a small gap at the bottom and top of bed, hardly noticeable to warrant buying an Ikea mattress.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?24
      2. Which Kodi Add-ons?1314
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal87
      4. Sweet Sunday code please22

See more discussions