Found 28th Jan 2009
Could anybody help me with this??!!

I am looking for a small double bed for my spare room. I'm getting very confused with sizes, however I think I am after a 4ft bed (a single is too small and a double is just a little too big).

Do ikea use the same sizing, if not do they have any beds in a 'small double' size?

Rep added to anyone that can help

4 Comments

We just got an Ikea bed. The bed we just got was a MALM 140x200cm. They also do a 160x200 and a 180x200 in most of the styles. I guessed that these are their Double, Queen and King sizes?? The 140cm width we have would fit a double mattress, and as far as I know their isn't a mid size between that and the single.

Also we found out the hard way that IKEA's mattress sizes are around 5 cm wider than the "norm". They fit their own beds fine, but if you buy a nomal double mattress, there'll be a gap either side of 2.5 cm.

Btw singles there take a mattress of 200x90cm

Original Poster

Thats great...i won't be buying an ikea bed...the single would be too small and the double would deffo be too big!!

Many Thanks, rep added x

I got a small double four poster bedstead, plus separate mattress from marshall wards. Beadstead was "Manhatten" four poster beadstead in alloy £22.00. Mattress Was Burlington medium firm £89.00. They do different mattress aswell. I used 1st order code £30.00 of £60.00 spend ZG754. I got whole lot for just over £83, delivery says it will be awhile but mine came before they said. Hope this might help you, lovely bed , easy to put together, you don't have to have post on.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Keyboard & Mouse combo (sort of) on Xbox One - Yay or Nay?34
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769582
    3. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…33
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!79

See more discussions