Ikea deliveries during a pandemic?

Posted 25th Mar
Hi All

I've recently moved into a new place and still have a lot of boxes to unpack and no bed frame (I'm sleeping on a mattress on the floor atm), so getting my stuff out of packing boxes and into their rightful place instead of on the floor would be nice for me but it's not pressing considering what's happening at the moment.

Ikea are still doing home deliveries but is something trivial like this inconsiderate during a global pandemic considering we're trying to "flatten the curve" and not add more burden to the NHS, because really only key workers should be travelling etc.

Thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
A lot of companies are delivering as it stops people travelling to stores and reduces the risk
Arto25/03/2020 18:46

A lot of companies are delivering as it stops people travelling to stores …A lot of companies are delivering as it stops people travelling to stores and reduces the risk

I was thinking more along the lines of Ikea's own workers in their warehouses, delivery drivers etc. They're travelling to work, being in close proximity to each other etc.
As long as they carry the bed frame one at each end, they should be 2 metres apart. Which falls within guidelines
Toptrumpet25/03/2020 19:00

As long as they carry the bed frame one at each end, they should be 2 …As long as they carry the bed frame one at each end, they should be 2 metres apart. Which falls within guidelines

...and travel in two vehicles to each customer delivery address ?
I checked online ikea today and everything I looked at said not available online so be interesting to see what they actually do have available.
as long as the authorities allow the retailers to continue to operate, i don't see anything wrong with ordering online. they have closed the shops down because of the high number of footfall, which is where the spread of the disease was escalating.

if the online retailers close down then life will become even more difficult as we are all locked in and we can't even buy anything.
AndyRoyd25/03/2020 19:04

...and travel in two vehicles to each customer delivery address ?

Unless they’re bedfellows.
mutley125/03/2020 19:08

as long as the authorities allow the retailers to continue to operate, i …as long as the authorities allow the retailers to continue to operate, i don't see anything wrong with ordering online. they have closed the shops down because of the high number of footfall, which is where the spread of the disease was escalating.if the online retailers close down then life will become even more difficult as we are all locked in and we can't even buy anything.

I personally think, all shops should close, stops the idiots panic buying, government should drop off free food too everyone freeze all bills tilllth7s is over. That way no need pay anyone who off work and when they go back everything gets back too before.
MynameisM25/03/2020 20:52

I personally think, all shops should close, stops the idiots panic buying, …I personally think, all shops should close, stops the idiots panic buying, government should drop off free food too everyone freeze all bills tilllth7s is over. That way no need pay anyone who off work and when they go back everything gets back too before.

have you not seen apocalyse movies? when the state gives out food to everyone, they do so in a centralised location with armed soldiers to keep order. people have to queue for food and the food is rationed. as we are in a apandemic, the last thing the state will want to do is to have a queue of people in a central location!

and what about people with food allergies?

this is what happened in jordan when the state locked down and gave everyone food!

edition.cnn.com/202…tml
Edited by: "mutley1" 25th Mar
Benson for beds have stopped delivery
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants