Ikea Delivery Charge - any work arounds?

Found 10th Mar
It's costing £35 for a large ikea delivery, is there any alternative to this charge, or it's the best option to go for?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I just made a nuisance of myself, somewhat loudly, arguing the unfairness of the fee since it was because they chose to not stock the items they sell until they wanted rid of me as other buyers were being put off.
Might be worth asking a (wo)man with a van and see what they would charge to go and pick up the furniture for you.
Edited by: "squiff" 10th Mar
that would be cheaper then doing it yourself or paying someone else to do it
Go and collect it yourself?
I do think their practices are pretty unreasonable. If a store is built and doesn’t hold stock. It is not fair to add £25 onto a £100 item to come £100 miles. When they could easily spread the cost on routine deliveries.
Oneday772 h, 56 m ago

I do think their practices are pretty unreasonable. If a store is built …I do think their practices are pretty unreasonable. If a store is built and doesn’t hold stock. It is not fair to add £25 onto a £100 item to come £100 miles. When they could easily spread the cost on routine deliveries.

To be fair to them it’s a reasonable rate for a two man large item delivery picked by staff in store. Their whole business model is you go in store (following the show rooms), pick from the warehouse yourself, drive it home and assemble. They are not a mail order company.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 11th Mar
Dannyrobbo5 h, 41 m ago

To be fair to them it’s a reasonable rate for a two man large item d …To be fair to them it’s a reasonable rate for a two man large item delivery picked by staff in store. Their whole business model is you go in store (following the show rooms), pick from the warehouse yourself, drive it home and assemble. They are not a mail order company.

The store in Aberdeen doesn’t give the option of collect it from the warehouse yourself for many items. It has to come up from Edinburgh or you go get it yourself.

I appreciate it costs money for things to arrive at point B. What I object to is a company basing their business model on cheaper prices when you can’t actually get the product at that price.

If there was no store in Aberdeen, yes I may make a visit to Edinburgh. The fact their is one up here, why should I expect to pay extra to get it from Edinburgh.
It’s half price at the moment. Not sure if you have already made your order?
Original Poster
Missed out but thanks for heads up!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants