Ikea Delivery Price rises :(

Found 17th Apr 2013
Just been online to buy somethings, yesterday at this time the delivery was £15, today it's £50 so just to warn you all of their price increase.

So annoyed I never bought it yesterday. Our nearest one is 2 1/2 hrs away so looks like we'll have to look for different bookcases now

18 Comments

Banned

What a shame.

Banned

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/customer_service/shop_online/about_delivery.html

Are you sure it still states upto £15

Banned

The charges are as follows.

£5 for orders with a total weight 0-5kg.
£10 for orders with a total weight 6-25kg.
£15 for orders with a total weight 26-100kg.

Original Poster

Yes I know it says that, but but 8 items in your basket like I have done and it says £50. Even spoke to someone on the live chat thing and she said yeah, prices have just been put up.

Banned

Unless you order an individual item that weighs more than 25kg
Then its truck delivery and will cost more.

Original Poster

Just put in a Benno DVD tower, 14KG weight, Still showing as £50. I think their website is having a glitch.

neneromanovagirl

Just put in a Benno DVD tower, 14KG weight, Still showing as £50. I think … Just put in a Benno DVD tower, 14KG weight, Still showing as £50. I think their website is having a glitch.

shows 35 for me - says truck method
the weight isn't the only factor - even though its light it is very long so has to be truck. why 50 not sure.
sure last time i looked they wanted 60quid for something even smaller but im not anywhere near a store

Edited by: "brilly" 17th Apr 2013

I wish they would deliver everything, the things I need to buy are never the ones they bloody deliver!!

50 pounds delivery for one table (17.5kg, 70 pounds) from Ikea Bristol to Bristol City Centre (1-2 miles).
Was 15 pounds before.

Another example
20x Lack tables (£6 each) - £15 delivery (delivery method parcelforce),
21x Lack tables (£6 each) - one more than above - £50 (truck)

They indeed increased delivery cost!

Well IKEA won't last long with these prices...

Is it worth looking for a man with a van

ebay.co.uk/sch…R40

Probably cheaper to hire a small van and just drive at those prices!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Man-with-a-van-collection-ikea-wardrobe-bedroom-furniture-/121091750799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c31a17b8f

That one has very good reviews.

Both times we have ordered wardrobes it has been £40 odd, and that was ages ago.

B&Q with Hertz do an excellent hire scheme that uses a smart card. You don't have to buy anything from b&q in order to hire the van. Fuel is included and a certain amount of miles. I think it's £14 an hour, £30 overnight or £70 for 24 hours. Enough to get the stuff from there to home and the old stuff to the tip (hired vans might require a tip permit obtained in advance from your council)

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templates/content_lookup.jsp?content=/content/support/services/van_hire/index.jsp

I used this last year to move home, a lot cheaper than other alternatives. I have also used it for when people want a small amount of furniture moving short distances and at £14 it's perfect for that. I think you get 20 miles free then you have added charges per mile, but the fuel remains free so it's about fair.

Edited by: "davelfc" 17th Apr 2013

Original Poster

davelfc

B&Q with Hertz do an excellent hire scheme that uses a smart card. You … B&Q with Hertz do an excellent hire scheme that uses a smart card. You don't have to buy anything from b&q in order to hire the van. Fuel is included and a certain amount of miles. I think it's £14 an hour, £30 overnight or £70 for 24 hours. Enough to get the stuff from there to home and the old stuff to the tip (hired vans might require a tip permit obtained in advance from your council)http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templates/content_lookup.jsp?content=/content/support/services/van_hire/index.jspI used this last year to move home, a lot cheaper than other alternatives. I have also used it for when people want a small amount of furniture moving short distances and at £14 it's perfect for that. I think you get 20 miles free then you have added charges per mile, but the fuel remains free so it's about fair.

£14 and hour and it would take 5 hrs to go to Ikea and get back, so £70. it would be ok if it was local though.

FFS!! Whenever I order from ikea (3 times now) the box has been damaged!! One time the item inside was crushed and I had I go through the long process of requesting another and waiting for another delivery... I think parcel force is the courier they used. My local ikea is about 70 miles away. But they are planning to build one very close by ... In 2015

I bought a bookcase and 2 shelves, £15 for delivery which is a little steep considering it took them 2 weeks to deliver.

Next time I will just make the trip to nearest store (Hour and a half away).

It's a shame as their stuff is well priced and very good but the delivery charges are over the top.

Pretty much every online retailer offers stepped levels of delivery depending on how fast you want the item so why Ikea do a flat fee, I do not understand.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions