Free Wood at Ikea - seen at leeds birstall but available National

Posted 16th Oct
Saw this today might be useful for someone
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Perfect for mornings
Plenty of these in Warrington store

38679883-E3Tlu.jpgWell sorted when it comes to wood!
gazdoubleu16/10/2019 15:57

Plenty of these in Warrington store[Image] Well sorted when it comes to …Plenty of these in Warrington store[Image] Well sorted when it comes to wood!

There are worse.....

38679950-jIJ0z.jpg
35 Comments
What store is this please?
They do this at all their stores. It's waste wood from damaged flat pack kit, and crates and pallets.
Perfect for mornings
Oh yeah, oh yeah, free wood
My mum and Dad have been doing this for years at their local. Great if you have a wood burner!! But it gets really busy. Get there early.
Isn't this against waste regulations?
It's not the best idea to burn chipboard.
Plenty of these in Warrington store

38679883-E3Tlu.jpgWell sorted when it comes to wood!
8ANNED16/10/2019 15:47

Car tyres are far better...............

Plenty of these in Warrington store[Image] Well sorted when it comes to …Plenty of these in Warrington store[Image] Well sorted when it comes to wood!

There are worse.....

38679950-jIJ0z.jpg
Haha.
You SAW It was it waste before you sawed it

One flick and she's turned on.
Most ikea furniture is laminated chipboard which is bonded with resin. You’re just saving them the disposal costs and probably poisoning yourself in the process if you burn any of that. Not to mention the nasty deposits it would likely leave on the inside of a wood burner.
Edited by: "GrimDanFango" 16th Oct
Does it come with assembly instructions and a spanner?
I have something in common with Ikea because I also need to get rid of wood soon as I wake up.
zx636r16/10/2019 16:06

There are worse.....[Image]

Faggot is a genuine word for a bundle of wood/sticks for burning....
Cunning-Stunts16/10/2019 19:32

I have something in common with Ikea because I also need to get rid of …I have something in common with Ikea because I also need to get rid of wood soon as I wake up.

As long as you don't leave any nasty deposits on the inside of your woodburner, all good
8ANNED16/10/2019 15:47

A friend got ill at about the same time he was burning chipboard in his stove. He never proved the connection, but he got better soon after he stopped burning chipboard.
zx636r16/10/2019 16:06

There are worse.....[Image]

That's, like, the dictionary definition of what that actually means.
F35516/10/2019 19:50

Faggot is a genuine word for a bundle of wood/sticks for burning....

I found that out from South Park hell’s angels episode
LoveChristmas3816/10/2019 15:39

My mum and Dad have been doing this for years at their local. Great if you …My mum and Dad have been doing this for years at their local. Great if you have a wood burner!! But it gets really busy. Get there early.

Hmmm, how are those burnt resin, chemicals and glue smell like.

Burning chipboard is no-no. You should get either natural wood. Or actually specially processed wood for log burning.

I am sure when those chemicals, glue and melamine get burnt, lots of carcinogens are released
Edited by: "RickyWong" 16th Oct
The free panels are probably handy to make small furnitures out of. Saying that it can only be boxes and can’t sustain too much load either as these are chipboard you need those specially adapted connectors to rigidly connect the board together. Otherwise you are left with glue, and angle brackets with screws which are prone to being pried out
Edited by: "RickyWong" 16th Oct
LoveChristmas3816/10/2019 15:39

My mum and Dad have been doing this for years at their local. Great if you …My mum and Dad have been doing this for years at their local. Great if you have a wood burner!! But it gets really busy. Get there early.

Generally NOT a good idea to put it on wood burners. Adhesives (as in most IKEA 'wood') and preservatives (as in much outdoor and some constructional wood) can do serious damage to wood burners and flues.
I think that sign is wrong - it should read "wood free"
Heat added OP btw!
Arold17/10/2019 00:18

Generally NOT a good idea to put it on wood burners. Adhesives (as in most …Generally NOT a good idea to put it on wood burners. Adhesives (as in most IKEA 'wood') and preservatives (as in much outdoor and some constructional wood) can do serious damage to wood burners and flues.

So not ideal for use in my food smoker then?
Please don't burn wood from Ikea on a residential street, it's all treated and full of chemicals.

I've a lovely neighbour who every now and then decides he's going to burn a bunch of pallets and broken furniture. For the rest of the day everyone on the street gets to enjoy their eyes watering when they go outside from all the fumes. He loves doing it in the evening during summer too so you can't open bedroom windows when going to sleep.
Hmm, I used to give away bags of sawdust and shavings. Until the Local Council came and asked to see my waste management permit. I can't give it away but I can sell it for 10p a bag!
thanks for the deal op ill make another trip down there later

38685623-DoAFz.jpg
I’ve
My partner works at Ikea (Leeds) and they have always given away free wood. It saves them the disposal costs.
Please don't burn stuff like this on wood burners. You are poisoning the air for your neighbours and it's incredibly anti-social.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants