Ikea Hemnes Colour paint

Posted 24th Dec 2018
I have couple of Hemnes furniture which have few heavy and light sctates.

Does anyone know if there is a paint touch up pen or similar for IKEA Hemnes furniture range?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
I have never heard of touch up paint for IKEA furniture, as it isn’t actually painted - if i remember correctly it is a printed sheet of wood effect or solid coloured plastic (I forget the proper name) over the top of chipboard so highly unlikely it exists.
Maybe something like this ebay.co.uk/itm…530
or a car touchup pen.I used it on my mum's fridge freezer when it got scratched during a move, not perfect, but takes your eye away from it!
Edited by: "esar" 24th Dec 2018
Hemnes is a range of stained pine in white red/orange black and grey iirc plus bar one white which is painted chipboard and mdf. Very soft wood. Unfortunately I don’t believe they sell the stain for the colours separately. White or black you might get away with a coloured wax but the red or grey less I’d say
Oxid8ter24/12/2018 23:37

I have never heard of touch up paint for IKEA furniture, as it isn’t a …I have never heard of touch up paint for IKEA furniture, as it isn’t actually painted - if i remember correctly it is a printed sheet of wood effect or solid coloured plastic (I forget the proper name) over the top of chipboard so highly unlikely it exists.

You're thinking veneer
adhkarzf5 h, 25 m ago

You're thinking veneer

That’s the one, thanks! Should have known that from the Oak Furniture land “no veneer in here” ads lol.
The products that are wrapped It is a plastic foil wrap as per most of their furniture
So would deluxe matt paint be the next best alternative?
Think chalk paint is quite common for furniture use
7ommy14 h, 12 m ago

Hemnes is a range of stained pine in white red/orange black and grey iirc …Hemnes is a range of stained pine in white red/orange black and grey iirc plus bar one white which is painted chipboard and mdf. Very soft wood. Unfortunately I don’t believe they sell the stain for the colours separately. White or black you might get away with a coloured wax but the red or grey less I’d say

Have same issues as OP and contacted Ikea recently who said there is no touch up available via them which is a bit poor considering how much units can cost for very thin pine wood....
Edited by: "dcb01" 25th Dec 2018
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants