Groups

IKEA Home Card question for anyone with a long memory

Does anyone remember the terms and conditions of the IKEA Home Card when they were first issued about four or five years ago?

I think they promised free tea or coffee for life as long as you kept the account running, but I can't find anything to confirm that now.

I know the Family Card offers much the same - but not for weekends. IKEA quietly dropped the offer on the Home Card (the one that's a credit card) but they can't do that if I'm right about the original terms.

Anyone got a long memory - or,even better, the original T&C?

7 Comments

Yes free coffee for members is still available mon-fri.

Ps its on the inside back cover of the 2010 catalogue, bottom right.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6299983

Yes free coffee for members is still available mon-fri.Ps its on the … Yes free coffee for members is still available mon-fri.Ps its on the inside back cover of the 2010 catalogue, bottom right.

Thanks, but the offer I was on about is the one that ran 7 days a week with the IKEA Home Card rather than the Monday - Friday only offer with the Family Card.

Banned

is that the crdit card one, as i believe it did offer free tea and coffee 7 days a week

Original Poster

sassie;6301053

is that the crdit card one, as i believe it did offer free tea and coffee … is that the crdit card one, as i believe it did offer free tea and coffee 7 days a week

That's the one - and yes it did. What I'm searching for is some evidence of the 'free tea and coffee for the life of the card' offer that I remember them running in the instore leaflets.

Can anyone help?

You got to love the wayback-machine!

web.archive.org/web…tml

Not only free tea and coffee, the APR used to be just 12.9% instead of the 19.9% it is now!

Original Poster

jah128;6301355

You got to love the … You got to love the wayback-machine!http://web.archive.org/web/20050209233647/http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/customer_service/ikea_card/IKEA_card.htmlNot only free tea and coffee, the APR used to be just 12.9% instead of the 19.9% it is now!

Thanks for this - I'd forgotten all about Wayback Machine! I'll dig around and see if I can find the 'for life' promise which I think they made at the time. Have some more rep....:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1832
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214454
      3. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?22
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767129

See more discussions